E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help Finding Boost Leak

07-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
oogabooga
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Melbourne M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Help Finding Boost Leak

Hello everyone,
I took my car into the shop a few days ago and had my fault codes checked as I got a reduced power error about 2 weeks ago.
I forget exactly what the codes were but I think one pertained to a low pressure fuel pump error and the other one was a low boost error.
Prior to bringing my car in I was experiencing a lack of torque and an irregular whistle / whoosh sound that comes from my exhaust when the turbos actually do build a bit of pressure. Not sure where the leak could be coming from because it honestly sounds like its coming from the back of the car as opposed to the front. (I also know nothing about cars in case you haven't figured that out yet).
My car is completely stock.
Where should I start looking for leaks? I've done my searching but have no idea where to locate the vacuum lines, charge pipe, etc. I am not familiar with all of the lines that I should check so pictures of common failure points along with information and a reference shot on where to access them would be very much appreciated.
I plan on getting the low pressure fuel pump fixed by the dealer but want to investigate this boost/leak issue before as I won't be able to bring the car in for another 2 weeks (I am going real easy on it when I drive it).
Thank you so much in advance.
Appreciate 0