THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics iPhone 5 safari bug

07-12-2014, 01:02 AM   #1
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

iPhone 5 safari bug

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if it had been discussed before.. When I switch to media / iPhone 5, if I have safari open on my phone, the car can't access music on my phone. The idrive says "phone name - safari" and doesn't access music at all.

Only way to get it to connect to my music library on the phone is to close out the safari app on the phone first. If I do that after the fact, it works but it takes forever to finally read the music library. This happens every single time and it's pretty annoying to have to remember to close the safari App first.

Anyone else experience this issue of know a way around it?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
Pray for Mojo
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i & 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem or if it had been discussed before.. When I switch to media / iPhone 5, if I have safari open on my phone, the car can't access music on my phone. The idrive says "phone name - safari" and doesn't access music at all.

Only way to get it to connect to my music library on the phone is to close out the safari app on the phone first. If I do that after the fact, it works but it takes forever to finally read the music library. This happens every single time and it's pretty annoying to have to remember to close the safari App first.

Anyone else experience this issue of know a way around it?
I have the same problem with youtube and mlb at bat. Seems like its an iPhone issue, with airplay defaulting to whatever media program was played last.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #3
SteveAustin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i

Yeah the wired connection is fussy as hell but the BT streaming works 100% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

The problem I'm describing is using BT streaming
Appreciate 0