E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Car occasionally sputters/shakes when idling

12-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
pdjafari
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Car occasionally sputters/shakes when idling

Hey guys,

Just picked up my 2008 335xi coupe about 3-4 weeks ago. I have about 400 miles on it and had a question. I have noticed a few times while at a red light that the car slightly sputters/shakes. Now remember, this is very slight, its NOT like the car is going to shut off but just a tad bit weird for a new car. I have NOT modded the car, not even a bulb has been swapped, the car is completely STOCK. Is this normal?? It happens only for a quick second and my car is a manual. I normally put the car into neutral and place my foot on the brake and remove my other foot off the clutch to let my leg rest. Then while im waiting at a red light a real quick and slight sputter...

I read the thread about cold starts, and I normally wait around 5 minutes prior to driving just to let oil get all around. But this happens only occasionally but just seems weird. I am just paranoid from all the fuel pump problems. My car was built and arrived here late November 2007. I also dont have any slow starts or any issues when starting, it starts right up cold. I think maybe I dont wait long enough before I drive
Appreciate 0