E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > What are the capabilities of the USB flash drive socket, How do I get the most out of

07-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
rotarypower101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

What are the capabilities of the USB flash drive socket, How do I get the most out of

What are the capabilities of the USB flash drive socket, How do I get the most out of the existing functionality ??

Can I have playlists or is it just a free for all?
I made .m3u playlist files, but i can't seem to load them?

I have folders set up, but it doesn't seem I can use this technique to partition out the tracks I want without causing duplicates...

How do I get rid of all the ._ files that show up on screen?

Why are the options to choose Directory, Playlist, Genres, Artists Greyed out/not accessible?

Can I get rid of all the useless filetypes or at least hide them?

It there a full tutorial for Mac on how to properly set up everything for formatting, file types, structure, naming conventions ect?

Last edited by rotarypower101; 07-09-2014 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Perhaps far from optimum, but what I do is make file folders with the name of the artist, then put all the artists songs in their respective folder. Then when I use the dir function on the radio it lists all the artists, select one and it will show all the songs for that artist.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
rotarypower101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Thanks, is the feature set that is there non operational/applicable for some reason?

Are playlists not allowed?
Or is it some cryptic method to enable it, or be compatible with the unit?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
tc535i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarypower101 View Post
Thanks, is the feature set that is there non operational/applicable for some reason?

Are playlists not allowed?
Or is it some cryptic method to enable it, or be compatible with the unit?
Not really, just make a folder with whatever you want in it... closest thing you'll get to a playlist
Appreciate 0