E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Last minute decision!!

12-31-2005, 04:24 AM   #1
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Last minute decision!!

Okay I just need some opinion on tinting. I have an AW E90 and thinking of tinting the windows. I have the black interior so I was wondering how it would look with tint. Any recommendation on how many %.

There is this tint place called California Auto Tint. They specialize in exotics and do work on those for many dealers. It would cost me $375 to do the whole car. They will give me a "diamond warranty" so that if my windows ever get broken, they will tint it for free. They also offer lifetime warranty on the tint.

On the other hand, a friend's friend has a shop and he can do it for $200. They dont offer the diamond warranty but they do offer lifetime warranty. Seems like a no brainer but sometimes i prefer quality over cheap price. My friend says they do will do a good job there but im hesitating. ANy comment before I go get it done???
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2005, 04:34 AM   #2
Ex's335
Private
Rep
Drives: 95 civic,

White cars always look good with dark tint IMHO. $200 sounds good for tinting your car but, getting free retint if your window is broken is good too. I would go with the cheaper one though because how often do you plan on your windows getting broken. I think you can afford to pay for the tint on one window. The choice is yours though, good luck.
06 BMW 325i SP,Xenon,Beige, Assist, Nav, Heated Seats, PDC, Logic 7,retired Black 07 BMW 335i coupe with Coral Red leather, Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, CW Pkg, NAV, Steptronic with Paddle Shifters, Comfort Access, IPOD Retro-fit, Alarm, M-kit, M3 Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2005, 05:16 AM   #3
One-Way
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
$375 is way too much, as is $200.

I honestly forgot how much I paid, lol. I'm pretty sure it was $150, which is still too much, but, eh.

The place I took my car to, they tint cars for dealers, so I knew I could trust them. The owner is also a friend of my uncle's, so he had experience with them. I also have a lifetime warranty.

Anyway, I don't know about San Jose, and how much people do it there. Just take it to someone you know you can trust, and someone who will give you a warranty.

Go for 5% all around. I would've, but the cops in my city are posted up on every block. Glendale is horrible when it comes to cops.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2005, 05:21 AM   #4
BeemMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

You get what you pay for...I think it would look sharp....

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
Appreciate 0