E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > e92 325i Exhaust Upgrade

07-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #1
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

e92 325i Exhaust Upgrade

Hi Guys,

Sorry for repeating myself but i think this 2 places are diffrent . I read other topics and this are my conclusions from all the previous users experience wich still leave me with many questions.

I Got E92 Model 325i 2006 year and ia m looking for an exhaust upgrade as the stock one is simply too quiet for such car and i read its not that easy with 325i model. I wanted to go for Bmw Perfomance Exhaust but from what i read on other topics its not possible to buy it from BMW as they dont support 325i engine size with it. I asked yesterday at BMW dealership and they told me they can only give me back box for 800 GBP about without centre pipes , what i understood its only the box so i would have to get pipes seperate?. I found this on Usa site , but not sure also if thats everything i need or just backbox.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/parts/ind...w=21&maxRow=10

But simply think there is no need to ordering it from Usa if sth might not fit or can cause any problems.

After more research i found this

http://www.eisenmann.co.uk/product/p...&Category2=210

Eisenmann Bmw exhaust wich looks like is ideal for my car, but it raise more questions. Here for 900 GBP i got back box with the pipes right ? I mean all that i need to replace the stock one and get good sound. It looks like its one thing (maybe in BMW they thought i would like to change everything) including that longer pipes that goes to the engine, but i doubt it as i read in other topics that its not possible to buy it at bmw for 325i.

My questions are :

1. Am i right to this point with what i wrote above ?

2. If i go with the Eisenmann and pick Race option instead of Sport one is it legal to drive on the streets with it or should i go with Sport instead ?

3. Would you recommend this Eisenmann exhaust if its the only good option here?

4.This could be stupid but is that back box from BMW same as the one from einsemann ? Or If i get only back box from bmw i would have to buy centre pipes or leave the stock ones connected with it ? If so i dont think with the old ones the sound would be as it should be right ?

I thought easier and better option is simply to make an upgrade to Bmw Perfomance Exhaust , but i think it cant be done without messing more under the car and with buying parts from USA.

Thanks in advance for this and future help
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 04:54 AM   #2
rothstein1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Just came back from BMW and ordered it quickly and simple. Will be done in 2 weeks as parts travel from Germany. Looks like i was reading wrong posts and there is no problem with it in UK at all
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

E92 doesn't have a resonator at least here in the US, so no midpipe. Eisenmann would be a grea option as well. I would recommend checking out YouTube videos and decide for yourself since these exhausts have their own "signature." But I don't think you could go wrong with either.