F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Online Search Feature Not Working
Studio RSR

07-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Kahunawahoo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 335i

Online Search Feature Not Working

I have a 2014 335i with Technology package. I have used the online search function in the car to locate local restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. since taking delivery of the car last September. Recently this feature has stopped working, or works very infrequently. A trip to the dealership resulted in the service advisor telling me I had to subscribe to an optional yearly package for that feature. I was under the impression that 'online search' was part of the BMW Assist package that comes complimentary for 3 years. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
f30-mcjca
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current:E90, Ordered:F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahunawahoo View Post
I have a 2014 335i with Technology package. I have used the online search function in the car to locate local restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. since taking delivery of the car last September. Recently this feature has stopped working, or works very infrequently. A trip to the dealership resulted in the service advisor telling me I had to subscribe to an optional yearly package for that feature. I was under the impression that 'online search' was part of the BMW Assist package that comes complimentary for 3 years. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I agree with you. Take a look at this screen shot I took from the configurator on BMW NA. It clearly states "3 year subscription"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
BobN2Tech
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30-mcjca View Post
I agree with you. Take a look at this screen shot I took from the configurator on BMW NA. It clearly states "3 year subscription"
I had posted earlier in May about this misleading feature to be able to use the google "web" search, that is using the built-in browser to enter any search term and pull up a web page. The google "online search" is for POI only that comes with the 3 year BMW assist. I called BMW customer relations, pointed out that everywhere on the BMWUSA website it shows samples of web search, but does not say it requires an "additional" $100 per year subscription. Even the dealer did not realize this. It made me furious that they do this to lure you into the tech package, and yet to find out later it's an additional cost. I asked them (as a 4th time BMW owner), to provide this as a complementary feature given that it is highly misleading, and they said NO! That was the end of it.
Appreciate 0