E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > final thoughts after trying top 3 subwoofers

06-28-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

final thoughts after trying top 3 subwoofers

OK so I have M3 individual with bsw speakers. KI've tried earthquakes first and no mid bass which sounded like a huge gap in music. Terrible. Then I trued one OEM sub and one earthquake and although it defies science, it sounded fabulous. Had OEM under drivers seat.

Then got my jehnerts and they are amazing mid bass woofers but lack low end. So I tried changing passenger to earthquake and jehnert under drivers and by far, it was the best of all combinations.

You get full low end and superb mid range. Its amped with 500 watt fosgate punch. Speakers are 4 ohm

Now I admit this apparently is not advisable and not sounding good but to my mutant ears, its glorious! May as well try it!
Appreciate 0