proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

06-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #1
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80

Trim options out of stock

I just placed my order for a 6MT Alpine white M3, here in Toronto.
Dealer calls me and tells me that BMW Canada is claiming they cannot process my order. Seems that I can't get Piano black trim. After much ado, he confirms that ONLY aluminum blade or anthracite trim are available. No matter that I am wiling to pay for it.
No explanation from the dealer other than it's coming from BMW Canada.
To top it off...he didn't have Aluminium blade for me to see in real life. I had to come on this forum to see how IMHO it's quite ugly.
Anybody have a similar experience ? I was also told that the factory in Germany was shutting down for retooling or something in August, and as such July production was the last for this summer.

Insights?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #2
Nex
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikster View Post
Dealer calls me and tells me that BMW Canada is claiming they cannot process my order. Seems that I can't get Piano black trim. After much ado, he confirms that ONLY aluminum blade or anthracite trim are available. No matter that I am wiling to pay for it.
To top it off...he didn't have Aluminium blade for me to see in real life. I had to come on this forum to see how IMHO it's quite ugly.
Anybody have a similar experience ? I was also told that the factory in Germany was shutting down for retooling or something in August, and as such July production was the last for this summer.

Insights?
I can't comment on the availability of the trims, but I do know that the BMW factories do in fact close in August for holidays.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
Andrew115
Major
Rep
Drives: Silver Bullet

I will second your opinion on the alum trim. It's not for me, at least in an M car. It feels nice, looks okay, would prefer in a X series. I was very impressed with the CF. Depending on the interior you select. I saw CF on black leather an also SO. Looked great, and I am not a big CF guy.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

Quote:

Insights?
Damn thats brutal. I ordered 3 weeks ago and got the Carbon interior and my production just completed today. So what did you end up going with? Or did you cancel the order? Maybe call a few other dealerships to see if they say the same thing.... u never know sometimes with these sales guys. Which dealership were you dealing with?
2000 Silver Honda Prelude (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
Damn thats brutal. I ordered 3 weeks ago and got the Carbon interior and my production just completed today. So what did you end up going with? Or did you cancel the order? Maybe call a few other dealerships to see if they say the same thing.... u never know sometimes with these sales guys. Which dealership were you dealing with?
Well, I saw the email thread direct to BMW Canada, so I don't think it was dealer-specific. I ended up with Anthracite. I have that in my X6 and I don't mind it. I just wanted Piano black.

The dealer is Maranello. This will be our fourth BMW with them (one X5, two X6s, and now the M3.) So they gave me a great deal. I did go to other dealers as a sanity check, and also to see other colours. BMW Parkview has a APW M3, and a Austin Yellow M4 on display. Budds has one in SO and I think also in Yas Marina Blue but they didn't even bother sharpening their pencil.

BTW, Maranello has a black on black M3 on display, with Carbon fibre trim. They also have the M4 as the test car, also black on black.

M
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
SoN][c
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M F85

Quote:
Well, I saw the email thread direct to BMW Canada, so I don't think it was dealer-specific. I ended up with Anthracite. I have that in my X6 and I don't mind it. I just wanted Piano black.

The dealer is Maranello. This will be our fourth BMW with them (one X5, two X6s, and now the M3.) So they gave me a great deal. I did go to other dealers as a sanity check, and also to see other colours. BMW Parkview has a APW M3, and a Austin Yellow M4 on display. Budds has one in SO and I think also in Yas Marina Blue but they didn't even bother sharpening their pencil.

BTW, Maranello has a black on black M3 on display, with Carbon fibre trim. They also have the M4 as the test car, also black on black.

M
If you dont mind my asking, how much under MSRP did you get it for? What was your spec?

I saw the black M3 on display...actually took some pics of it - I was there on Monday killing some time before a movie at Colosus. Not sure if I'm a fan of the black car with CF roof... it can look funny IMO when the sun catches it at some angles (such as this pic from another thread:

Cheers
2000 Silver Honda Prelude (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #7
Mikster
Maverick
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoN][c View Post
If you dont mind my asking, how much under MSRP did you get it for? What was your spec?

I saw the black M3 on display...actually took some pics of it - I was there on Monday killing some time before a movie at Colosus. Not sure if I'm a fan of the black car with CF roof... it can look funny IMO when the sun catches it at some angles (such as this pic from another thread:

Cheers
Yes, that's the one from the showroom. In the showroom it was STUNNING. But the one I drove--Black M4--out in the daylight, especially when dirty--I didn't like it. IMHO lighter colours have better contrast with roofline, shadowline trim, wheels, kidney grill, etc.
M
Appreciate 0