E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone snap-in adaptor query

06-25-2014, 03:49 AM   #1
Ads_Essex
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 320D M-Sport E90 LCI

Question iPhone snap-in adaptor query

Morning all.

I'm debating whether to bite the bullet and shell out for the iPhone 5 snap-in adaptor for my 6NF & 6FL equipped 2010 E90, which I believe will only support charging, reception-boosting and music syncing with the 609 Pro Nav iDrive that's installed (please, please correct me if the above appears wrong - BMW have told me they aren't sure whether smartphone integration would work).

However there'll be no doubt that no sooner do I install this cradle do Apple bring out a new, different sized iPhone, which I'll then find does not fit in the cradle.
Looking at the underside of the cradle and the connection to the car I'm wondering whether the cradle could be modified in that instance, so the plastic is binned and just the cable remains. More or less like a stubby iPhone cable.

Can anyone shed any light on the innards of the snap-in adaptor and what the gubbins are like? I imagine it's BMW connector - cable - Apple adaptor? If anyone can confirm that would be great.

Or, can anyone tell me if they've connected an iPhone 5 to their iPhone 4 snap-in adaptor using the Lightning adaptor?

Cheers,

Ads.

Last edited by Ads_Essex; 07-01-2014 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0