E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need advice on coolant leak

06-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #1
skim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Need advice on coolant leak

Hi.

My sister has an 07 335. I don't work on this car at all. But 2 weeks ago, she called saying the low coolant light came on. So I topped it off and researched it. Her car having 87k miles, I concluded it's the water pump and thermo, so I bought the parts. But I found out she actually had it done at the dealer 5k miles/1yr ago. Yesterday I went over to her place for dinner and saw a puddle in front of her car and I told her about it. She said "oh the low coolant thing came on again".... wha..
So there seems to be some sort of massive coolant leak. I told her to call the dealer and tell them about the situation. She texted me saying the dealer said it'd be $200 to diagnose it... wtf
Now what are my/her options here? This is really stupid. From what I researched, all the dealer needs to do is hook up the damn computer to read the codes to see if it's the water pump or not. I think it's the water pump. I doubt it's the radiator knowing she doesn't really drive that thing hard at all.
      06-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

Pretty sure dealer parts and labor come with 2 year warranty.

Take it to an indy. They will charge you a small fee or free and if the problem is the same as what they did take the paper work from indy to dealer and be like wtf.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

also could be other things besides another wp/tstat...such as ofhg or other coolant hoses (there are many) cracked rad...etc.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0