E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 320D Power Loss Untill 2500 revs

06-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
M535i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d

320D Power Loss Untill 2500 revs

Hi chaps,

A couple of weeks a go my turbo failed. I had it replaced by a Turbo Technics replacement turbo charger. I had the oil feed pipe and two gaskets changed. I also had the oil, oil filter, air filter and fuel filter replaced at the same time.

Since I have had the turbo untill about 2300-2500 revs I get no power then the boost/torque kicks and the lurches forward. On my original turbo I would start getting the torque coming in around 2000 revs. My garage have checked the exhaust and the car passed emissions and the CAT is clear.

Turbo technics are a respected turbo manufacturer in the UK http://www.turbotechnics.com

To my mind it seems like the actuator isn't doing it's job and moving the vanes to the low exhaust gas/revs position to increase the boost pressure to allow the turbo to do it's job at low revs. When the revs build up and the volume of exhaust gas is big enough and as the vanes are in the 'open' position I get the expected boost/torque/power hence the car charges forward like a raging bull.

That means I need to know that the car sends the signal onto the turbo actuator to say low rev position for the vanes and subsequently as the revs build up it moves the vanes progressively to the fully open position.

I think it's time to send the turbo back?

Thanks
Gill
Appreciate 0