THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery MY2015 M235i - Interesting Note re: Performace Center Delivery

06-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

MY2015 M235i - Interesting Note re: Performace Center Delivery

This was sent to my CA on 6/18/2014.

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for XXX. Unfortunately, this production number is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until approvals are all holds have been removed. The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Monroney/EPA and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

I assume this is standard procedure with a new model year. I wonder how long it takes to get these approvals.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Can't believe since your post early this morning, people are speechless.

I wonder how long this will delay, or otherwise, is it dual threaded meaning they work it out as it is being built?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:01 PM   #3
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M235i
Can't believe since your post early this morning, people are speechless.

I wonder how long this will delay, or otherwise, is it dual threaded meaning they work it out as it is being built?
I read it this morning but prob like others I have no idea why this is so. It's surprising to me also.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0