Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

04-28-2024, 03:27 AM   #1
Rbp_280z
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 Shelby

M4: 1st Gear Stutter and Burnt Clutch Smell

I just purchased a 2018 M4 with a manual transmission. When cold, I noticed that the M4 felt like it was stuttering on 1st and 2nd gear on the lower RPM range. This issue went away after 10 minutes of driving. What can this issue be?

I noticed a burnt clutch or plastic smell as well. The M4 has 106k miles and no leaks. What issue could this be?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 06:55 AM   #2
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
So - I know my S4 had a CVD (Clutch Delay Valve) built in - when the car hit 65K, I could feel the clutch start to slip a little. I replaced it with a stainless steel clutch line, which created a better feel with the pedal, better grab with the clutch, and took the car to 136K and never replaced the clutch or flywheel. I believe the CVD keeps it from fully engaging, and it to make it softer for those who may not drive a clutch as well?

Needless, I believe ours has the same. May want to look to take it out as an option.