BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

03-30-2020, 02:41 AM   #67
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Brook View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
PM me if you wanna know the score
Hi Chris.

Car looking great and have been following progress through Motech. I was pretty much set on getting the Remus until I picked my car up 2 weeks ago and similar to yours the pops and bangs have disappeared!

How has this effected the Remus - do you have any more videos / sound clips you could post / send as Mike only has the short ones on Youtube.

Cheers
Hi Stan, congrats on the new car. I've only done about another 20 mile air so since getting back from TRL towers. I work from home anyway and obviously no need DJ for anywhere else right now.

Re the exhaust. It does sound quite nice and deep with the Remus but without the pops and bangs, it's a bit emotional part missing. We need a tune for this I think. I'll try for a video when back up and running but there is a Motech video of a Storm Bay Blue car with Remus just before mine and it sounds just like that. It's a nice deep tone in person but the revs while static these days are limited to 3000 I think and no pops. Sounds ok I think but as soon as someone cracks the time for a little more drama I'd be looking at that.

03-30-2020, 05:45 AM   #68
Stan_Brook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Thanks Chris.

I run a hotel in the cotswolds so looks like I will be bored out my brains for a good couple of months! Plenty of time to spend looking at cars!

Haven’t really managed to bond with mine yet coming from an F20 M135. Had an MPE on that which was amazing so really missing the noise. The Remus system sounds expensive really - MPE inc fitting was £650 3 years ago and this is nearly double! Worried if I don’t do it though I won’t actually ever bond with the car and will end up changing in a year which will cost more than the exhaust anyhow!

Current declared my 2 weeks old car SORN and its sat in the garage awaiting a pre-hibernation clean.

Imagine the amount of people who will be out for spirited drives once this all blows over!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #69
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Thanks Chris.

I run a hotel in the cotswolds so looks like I will be bored out my brains for a good couple of months! Plenty of time to spend looking at cars!

Haven’t really managed to bond with mine yet coming from an F20 M135. Had an MPE on that which was amazing so really missing the noise. The Remus system sounds expensive really - MPE inc fitting was £650 3 years ago and this is nearly double! Worried if I don’t do it though I won’t actually ever bond with the car and will end up changing in a year which will cost more than the exhaust anyhow!

Current declared my 2 weeks old car SORN and its sat in the garage awaiting a pre-hibernation clean.

Imagine the amount of people who will be out for spirited drives once this all blows over!
I agree the car really needs an exhaust to bring the car to life. I have done a few video clips of my exhaust.. and it sounds good under load but it's still rather quiet. I'm looking to fit an exhaust hopefully soon..

I have tried to listen to the remus exhaust under load but I can't find any clips
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #70
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
Quote:
Thanks Chris.

I agree the car really needs an exhaust to bring the car to life. I have done a few video clips of my exhaust.. and it sounds good under load but it's still rather quiet. I'm looking to fit an exhaust hopefully soon..

I have tried to listen to the remus exhaust under load but I can't find any clips
Do you have a video clip of your car under load by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 10:52 PM   #71
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

👆👆👆 Poor bugger has managed 29 posts, of which 25 have been negative. Sad, sad troll 😪
Appreciate 5
MrFoxy372.50
JustChris17423.00
Vervain396.50
      04-20-2020, 02:03 AM   #72
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDSC View Post
Quote:
Hi all,
My new M135i has touched down. Dealer (TRL Berry BMW) has shipped it up to Motech for the folllowing:-

- Remus Exhaust with 102mm Chrome Tips
- Eibach Springs -20F -20R
- Bola Flow Formed FLC 19x235 gloss black wheels with Michelin Pilot 4S
- Maxton kit all lower areas (Rear Diffuser on back order)
- Pipercross Air Filer
- Black Grills and Badges
- Auto ID Gloss Black M4 style mirror caps

I'll be collecting Saturday 21st, can't wait. For now here she is factory fresh. Photo credit to Motech from their Instagram.

The car itself is:-
- M135i Storm Bay Metalic
- Plus Pack with 557M wheels
- Technology Pack

This will be Motech car #002 with the Alpine White being their own #001 development car parked alongside.

Cheers
Chris
I've driven this new ugly M135i. It's refined, boring and has a very good interior. Compared to my F20 M135i LCI, the 4 pot motor is a total let down, the power delivery is rubbish, it runs out of steam. , the gearbox is slow. The new 330i feels much better with a real rwd BMW feel. The new M135i is a just generic FWD based rebranded Mini Cooper , it's boring and does not drive like a BMW should. An embarrassment to the 1 series heritage. An overpriced underwhelming BMW for posers, a fake M light with dishonest badging.
Bellend of guy! How he feels that the gearbox is slow😂🙈 obviously a f😂😂kin Jedi.
Another dinosaur that doesn't like change.
Your on the wrong page dickhead.
Appreciate 1
Vervain396.50
      04-20-2020, 03:26 AM   #73
Stan_Brook
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Quote:
I've driven this new ugly M135i. It's refined, boring and has a very good interior. Compared to my F20 M135i LCI, the 4 pot motor is a total let down, the power delivery is rubbish, it runs out of steam. , the gearbox is slow. The new 330i feels much better with a real rwd BMW feel. The new M135i is a just generic FWD based rebranded Mini Cooper , it's boring and does not drive like a BMW should. An embarrassment to the 1 series heritage. An overpriced underwhelming BMW for posers, a fake M light with dishonest badging.
Think you know the reaction you will get on here with those sorts of comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I would argue the F20 M135i wasn’t exactly a good looking car having ran one for 3 yrs plus!

You can’t compare the two engines in terms of how they deliver their power but in my experience although the 4 pot doesn’t ‘sing’ to the redline it still pulls all the way there and if anything it has more low down grunt / torque than the N55. I would also suggest the Aisin box to be on equal terms with the ZF auto in terms of speed and the thump it gives you when rapidly firing through the gears is certainly a win over its predecessor. To me it also changes down more willingly / freely.

I do like the term ‘fake M lite’ though! Pretending to be something that is pretending to be something else.....

In the real world, both cars would outclass each other in different scenarios but as yet, I am reserving my judgement to which one is my favourite until I have lived with the F40 for a lengthy period of time.
Appreciate 3
MrFoxy372.50
JustChris17423.00
MGDSC46.00
      04-20-2020, 07:23 AM   #74
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Think you know the reaction you will get on here with those sorts of comments but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I would argue the F20 M135i wasn’t exactly a good looking car having ran one for 3 yrs plus!

You can’t compare the two engines in terms of how they deliver their power but in my experience although the 4 pot doesn’t ‘sing’ to the redline it still pulls all the way there and if anything it has more low down grunt / torque than the N55. I would also suggest the Aisin box to be on equal terms with the ZF auto in terms of speed and the thump it gives you when rapidly firing through the gears is certainly a win over its predecessor. To me it also changes down more willingly / freely.

I do like the term ‘fake M lite’ though! Pretending to be something that is pretending to be something else.....

In the real world, both cars would outclass each other in different scenarios but as yet, I am reserving my judgement to which one is my favourite until I have lived with the F40 for a lengthy period of time.
Don't worry about it mate.

Just some angry so and so living in the past. take a look at posting history. Oh dear.
      04-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #75
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Hi Stan, congrats on the new car. I've only done about another 20 mile air so since getting back from TRL towers. I work from home anyway and obviously no need DJ for anywhere else right now.

Re the exhaust. It does sound quite nice and deep with the Remus but without the pops and bangs, it's a bit emotional part missing. We need a tune for this I think. I'll try for a video when back up and running but there is a Motech video of a Storm Bay Blue car with Remus just before mine and it sounds just like that. It's a nice deep tone in person but the revs while static these days are limited to 3000 I think and no pops. Sounds ok I think but as soon as someone cracks the time for a little more drama I'd be looking at that.

Was the car cold when it was revving in the YT clip as it sounds like it takes awhile to get back to idle ??

Any plans to add a rear LSD to match the std fit LSD upfront ?
      04-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #76
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Was the car cold when it was revving in the YT clip as it sounds like it takes awhile to get back to idle ??

Any plans to add a rear LSD to match the std fit LSD upfront ?
HI BeePee, no idea on temp sorry as not my car and not present, would hope it was warmed at least though.

No LSD plans for me really just yet no.
      07-02-2020, 02:26 AM   #77
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Just keep an eye on the Pipercross filter periodically - I checked mine after a couple of months and the black mesh paint was shredding with small pieces easily coming off, so I got a refund and am now stuck with the oem paper filter! Waiting for a K&N or similar to become available
Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
MrFoxy372.50
      07-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #78
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

This sounds interesting, literally:

https://www.bastuck.de/gb/bmw-f40-m1...7OSDGFRnvcTZw5
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50
      07-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #79
D1FYL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Hi all,
My new M135i has touched down. Dealer (TRL Berry BMW) has shipped it up to Motech for the folllowing:-

- Pipercross Air Filer

I'll be collecting Saturday 21st, can't wait. For now here she is factory fresh. Photo credit to Motech from their Instagram.

- Technology Pack

This will be Motech car #002 with the Alpine White being their own #001 development car parked alongside.

Cheers
Chris
Looks superb Chris, currently pricing up the black grilles and front vents from BMW for our Storm Bay M135i, really keen on the Remus exhaust from Motech too, do they do a non res sports version?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 10:48 AM   #80
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1FYL View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

- Pipercross Air Filer

- Technology Pack

Cheers
Chris
Looks superb Chris, currently pricing up the black grilles and front vents from BMW for our Storm Bay M135i, really keen on the Remus exhaust from Motech too, do they do a non res sports version?
Many thanks and great colour choice

Yes there is a sportier Race Remus now, wasn't a few months back when I was doing this but it's out now. Not heard it actually but would be nice.
      07-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #81
D1FYL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:

Yes there is a sportier Race Remus now, wasn't a few months back when I was doing this but it's out now. Not heard it actually but would be nice.
Brilliant, I shall keep you updated
Appreciate 2
JustChris17423.00
MrFoxy372.50
      07-21-2020, 11:59 AM   #82
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1FYL View Post
Quote:

Brilliant, I shall keep you updated
I'd like to hear the Race Exhaust to! Been hanging off for this reason
Appreciate 1
D1FYL4.50
      07-25-2020, 08:02 AM   #83
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeWalker View Post
All-new 2020 (F40) BMW M135i launching in Malaysia today.
BMW Malaysia has just psot a teaser video on its Facebook page.

I saw the video on YouTube. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 12:54 PM   #84
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Can you tell me where did you get front grill and side vents in front bumper in black from, please?

Last edited by adam.b; 09-03-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2020, 02:10 PM   #85
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
Can you tell me where did you get front grill and side vents in front bumper in black from, please?
Hi these were BMW OEM parts.
      09-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #86
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, just done some home work and yes there is few places with them.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      09-03-2020, 04:40 PM   #87
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep

And to be honest after looking at your 135i and what you have done to it decided to sell my F31 335d and I have signed papers for 135i .
Just waiting for it to be delivered.
Always wanted 1 series with petrol but f20/f21 was to small at the back for kids, f40 is fine with space.
Sorry for hijacking your thread

Last edited by adam.b; 09-03-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      09-04-2020, 03:28 AM   #88
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
And to be honest after looking at your 135i and what you have done to it decided to sell my F31 335d and I have signed papers for 135i .
Just waiting for it to be delivered.
Always wanted 1 series with petrol but f20/f21 was to small at the back for kids, f40 is fine with space.
Sorry for hijacking your thread
Oh wow I'm stoked mate.

What spec and who from, spill the beans and when?

I'm sure you've sat in them extensively etc but for our family of 4 it's perfect size. No one has any complaints at all and for 99% of trips boot is doing the job too. Great daily family package.

I'm really pleased with it.
ttimbo280.00