BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

07-02-2020, 04:48 AM   #1
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

So pleased I found this forum!

I was originally on here when I bought a 330i G20 only because the F40 M135i wasn't out at the time I needed to buy something, so bought the 330i as an interim car - so was on the new G20 section of Bimmerpost. I was one of the first to buy my M135i, October 2019, and so glad to see an F40 section here now.

I'll post some photos of my misano blue so far on the right thread:
AC Schnitzer springs
H&R magnesium alloy ultra lightweight spacers
M554 forged alloys with Michelin Pilot super sports
Black grill
Black canards soon to be fitted
Matt black rear M135i badge

Waiting for gloss black mirrors availability and thinking about which rear spoiler to get, AC, Maxton or M Performance (which is currently £379 instead of over £500)

Last edited by Gregus330i; 07-02-2020 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: Decided to shorten
Appreciate 2
MrFoxy372.50
JustChris17424.50
      07-03-2020, 01:48 AM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Nice car, be good to see those pics

Yes the forum was slow to get off the ground. I asked the moderators why there was no F40 section, it was literally ignored at launch and o my once the F44 was coming around with a US launch I think the section started up.

It's still fairly quiet I'd say and will be until the owner base keeps growing.

How do you find your M135i vs the G20?
      07-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #3
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Hi Chris,
The M135i is a satisfying drive from a driving enthusiast's point of view, me, nice feeling suspension, flat around bends and corners, effective gearbox, actually better than I initially expected. Very happy so far. The 330i was overall a good car dynamically, drove well, good suspension, nice road feel. However, it was badly let down by a couple of significant flaws - a bad blind spot from drivers wing mirror area and worse, either the seat or accelerator pedal was offset too much, so my right thigh was always literally on top of the seat bolster, so very uncomfortable. This issue has been noted by others also. Some believe it only affects RHD cars. Finally, the 330i was a big car, physically, which was noticeable when parking and trying to get it in my garage. M135i is the perfect size for me, plus the nice ultra grippy Xdrive
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50
      07-04-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Hi Chris,
The M135i is a satisfying drive from a driving enthusiast's point of view, me, nice feeling suspension, flat around bends and corners, effective gearbox, actually better than I initially expected. Very happy so far. The 330i was overall a good car dynamically, drove well, good suspension, nice road feel. However, it was badly let down by a couple of significant flaws - a bad blind spot from drivers wing mirror area and worse, either the seat or accelerator pedal was offset too much, so my right thigh was always literally on top of the seat bolster, so very uncomfortable. This issue has been noted by others also. Some believe it only affects RHD cars. Finally, the 330i was a big car, physically, which was noticeable when parking and trying to get it in my garage. M135i is the perfect size for me, plus the nice ultra grippy Xdrive
Good to hear.. another m135i owner
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #5
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Get some pics up of your car pal?

The more the merrier!
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50
      07-04-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Must admit I was out in the M135i today (summer so the MX5 is king right now) and what a car. It is phenomenal value!

I was singing it's praises to the Mrs and son who was in, what more car do I need?

The fit, finish, refinement and tech is unbelievable. The pace is fantastic and with the X Drive it's just unflappable.

Really really impressed.
      07-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #7
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Must admit I was out in the M135i today (summer so the MX5 is king right now) and what a car. It is phenomenal value!

I was singing it's praises to the Mrs and son who was in, what more car do I need?

The fit, finish, refinement and tech is unbelievable. The pace is fantastic and with the X Drive it's just unflappable.

Really really impressed.
Lol, mental!!! I was out today with the wife and kids saying pretty much the same thing.

I was really going for an M2 Comp... loved it!! like really loved it lol, but when we started moving the pram/moving seats, etc I just knew it would be a pain in the arse after the honeymoon period was up.

Took the 135i for a 24hr test the next day and here we are! loving this little pocket rocket.

Now im off to order a front splitter lol.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50
      07-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxy View Post
Quote:

Really really impressed.
Lol, mental!!! I was out today with the wife and kids saying pretty much the same thing.

I was really going for an M2 Comp... loved it!! like really loved it lol, but when we started moving the pram/moving seats, etc I just knew it would be a pain in the arse after the honeymoon period was up.

Took the 135i for a 24hr test the next day and here we are! loving this little pocket rocket.

Now im off to order a front splitter lol.
I showed the grandparents this morning the Reverse Assistant. Their drive is a little awkward and about 80m up to the house twisting a little with trees making it only a narrow cars width.

The look on their little faces at the kitchen window as I put my hands behind my head and perfectly reverse out ::
      07-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I showed the grandparents this morning the Reverse Assistant. Their drive is a little awkward and about 80m up to the house twisting a little with trees making it only a narrow cars width.

The look on their little faces at the kitchen window as I put my hands behind my head and perfectly reverse out ::
LOLOLOL
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:23 PM   #10
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:

Haha lol I can only imagine there faces
Appreciate 1
JustChris17424.50