E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > OEM Panic alarm not working after activated through coding

08-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #23
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

You only really need to code back the CAS, NFRM, DWAS, DWAI, and KOMBI after the FA write to CAS and NFRM
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #24
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
anthoj, did you ever resolve your alarm issue?
Yes, I paid BMW Seattle $210 to reprogram my car. Apparently I have a very old software. It was worth it because everything (idrive) seems a lot smoother and more responsive now.

I had no luck with the DCAN cable though. Basically the alarm wasn't programmed right because the clown nose was blinking fast a number of times before regular blinks (after I locked the car).
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #25
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
Correct, add +K302 to the VO, and process car with a blank man file.
Is there any way of doing this without using a blank .man file? I dont want to loose all the coding I previously performed.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #26
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

I was advised to use the NCS Expertmode coding DIY.pdf (sorry, i cant seem to include the link) that eliminates having to utilize a blank man file. Has anyone ever used it?

I followed the NCS Exportmode Coding.pdf recommeded using the Exportmode profile but have a few questions;

1. Per my previous search, several members stated i had to add +K302 to the CAS & NFRM Module. I followed the NCS Expertmode coding DIY.pdf and selected CAS instead of the CIC displayed in the snapshot, is this correct?
2. Once i complete the process, how do i access FA to add +K302? What are the correct steps necessary to do this?

Thanks in advance

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

ok guys,

I read what feels like hundreds of posts. Many offer conflicting information in addition to confusing pdf write ups. While some advise to use +K302 others say $302. My understand is, $302 is when the vehicle came already equipped with the alarm. +K302 is when it is a retrofit oem alarm installed. Many have also recommened utilizing a "Blank Man File", while the recent consensus is that, using a "Blank Man File" is the incorrect way of doing it.

After hours of research and numerous posts, i was referred to utilize the "Using NCS to Change VO.pdf" in the wiki section at http://www.**************/showwiki.p...IYs+for+coding

It's an excellent write up, compliments to the author. However, while the process is the same i am changing the VO to code for my alarm. My understanding is that i need to add +K302 in the CAS and NFRM Modules seperately. Because of this I need some clarification on the following;

1. According to the "Using NCS to Change VO.pdf" on the third request to “Choose ECU” it instructs to use “LMA”. I didn’t have an option for “LMA”. As a result I chose “CAS” instead. Is this correct?

2. While doing the process again seperately for “NFRM” using the "Using NCS to Change VO.pdf", I only have the option to select "NFRM" on the first “Choose ECU” request. The second and third time “Choose ECU” requests only have “FRM” not “NFRM”?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by toicy4ya; 09-05-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #28
toicy4ya
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone?

Appreciate 0