E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Finally: Vishnu PWM Meth installed, HOLY CRAP!

11-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thumbs up Finally: Vishnu PWM Meth installed, HOLY CRAP!

Holy crap. That's nearly all I can say. I'm 100% stock from bumper to bumper, 07/2006 build 335i 6MT coupe. Running Procede v5 rev3, 7-27 maps, Vishnu charge pipe.

I installed the PWM meth system, which is exceptionally complete, I may add, and connected to the Procede. Tanked up with Boost Juice, and started to drive up and down the complex (industrial complex on a weekend) to warm up. As the oil temp came up, the car simply just got faster and faster.

I started logging some 3rd gear and 4th gear runs, and I have to say that I cannot get enough road here in [Mexico] without worrying about [federales]. I don't see any knock retard until I shift. Anything in particular I should also look for in the logs??

Last edited by JamesM3M5; 11-12-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Get rid of the boost juice and find a good meth source so you can mix 80/20. If you can't find a speed shop that has 100% Meth, you can check with the local paint stores like Shirwin Williams. They sell 5 gal cans for @ $80 as a last resort. Also, download the 11-1 maps with firmware. After updating the firmware, open the MT6 Map1. You think your car is fast now, it will be stupid fast after you upgrade the firmware & maps.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep

I'm hesitant to put in a flammable meth mix until I put stainless AN-4 lines or something a little more sturdy than teflon tubing and a washer tank. I bought the boost juice since it was sold to me second-hand, cheap. We do have a race fuel supply shop that sells VP, I'm sure I can get pure methanol. I also keep dozens of gallons of distilled water on the shelf, since we don't put our hard-ass tap water into any cars we service.

I am also a little worried about the clutch. It's 48k miles old, and I don't want to have to replace it before Christmas. Lots going on at the shop, and I'll cringe if I have to drive my garage queen M5 into work because I broke the 335.

But yeah, it is nearly stupid fast for a bone-stock street car with a few bolt-ons. I mean, holy crap, you know? I really have a hard time imagining what the 11-1 maps and higher meth concentration will feel like. First time I checked the rear tires was when I bought the car used (Sept). Now the Michelin PS2s are starting to wear significantly on the inside rear. Damn, that's a lot of money for new rear tires.
      11-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Got reports of some new Aggressive map Dynos today. Looking solid.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

hahaha, I hear ya about the $$$. I have run flats and already paid $450 to replace one that got a roofing nail. I was in a bind and needed my car back so I shit the $450. I told the wife I'll be getting a set of 20's and new rubber the next time I need to replace tires. I don't see the point of paying the $ for the run flats with AAA will come pick me up.

I would go with the 11-1 maps regardless. I think you'll really enjoy how much nicer they pull down low. Also, check out the feramic clutch HPF is selling. Have fun!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep

Yeah, I just started reading that thread about the better midrange, even off meth. I'll try to upload it before heading out the car meet tomorrow morning. Have to show off to a couple of customers. We've already sold 2 Procedes + installs from giving demo rides in my car, and we're just a shop, not a parts retailer. I'm sure I can get many more customers in the door with the incredible performance these little black boxes put out.

Thanks for the great products, services, and immense online knowledgebase to Shiv / Vishnu Performance. I'd also be lost without all the help here on E90Post.