BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

05-11-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

New Car Order

Hi all,
I ordered a 128ti in March 2022, the delivery is expected late August early September 2022. At the time of order I was offered a value for my current car which I was happy with.

The garage say they need to revalue my car about four weeks before delivery. Has anyone else come across this? And if so did the valuation change much?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 12:24 AM   #2
Manboy
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2020 M135i Misano Blue

I was told the same thing when I was about to order an M135i. They told me it was due to the long delivery time and the general state of the market. I hesitated and looked for a nice used car and found what I was looking for.

Due to the part shortage people are buying alot of used cars now, that might not be the case in September when you turn your car over to the dealer, so they they need to revalue in September based on the state of the used car market.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 09:25 AM   #3
danielbabai
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i F40

We ordered 118i in August last year and had our trade-in (Audi A3) valued then. Got delivery in March, and I asked for our A3 to be re-evaluated, as used car prices went up. The dealer refused, saying that we had to stick with what was agreed on at the time of ordering.

A week or so after we collected our 118i, I checked what they had our A3 advertise for...€9k more than the trade-in amount they gave us! Sickening!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbabai View Post
We ordered 118i in August last year and had our trade-in (Audi A3) valued then. Got delivery in March, and I asked for our A3 to be re-evaluated, as used car prices went up. The dealer refused, saying that we had to stick with what was agreed on at the time of ordering.

A week or so after we collected our 118i, I checked what they had our A3 advertise for...€9k more than the trade-in amount they gave us! Sickening!
Really? That's awful, I have a feeling my valuation is going to drop.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 11:50 AM   #5
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manboy View Post
I was told the same thing when I was about to order an M135i. They told me it was due to the long delivery time and the general state of the market. I hesitated and looked for a nice used car and found what I was looking for.

Due to the part shortage people are buying alot of used cars now, that might not be the case in September when you turn your car over to the dealer, so they they need to revalue in September based on the state of the used car market.
The car I have just now is a 320i. 2020 registered with a few packs on it, really . I'm only really looking to down size as I find it a little large for my needs. I may need to think hard.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 05:32 AM   #6
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
Hi all,
I ordered a 128ti in March 2022, the delivery is expected late August early September 2022. At the time of order I was offered a value for my current car which I was happy with.

The garage say they need to revalue my car about four weeks before delivery. Has anyone else come across this? And if so did the valuation change much?

Thanks
I ordered the same in November 2021 and my delivery has been repeatedly put back and now stands at August!
I was originally offered £19k for my trade in (more than I paid for it at a main dealer 18 months before!!) but have been warned it will need to be revalued! As I explained to my guy at the dealer, the only reason I was ordering a new car was because of the extremely high used value of my current car and he agreed that if I am not happy with the new value i will get my deposit back! When they do offer me a revised price in August I intend to suggest that I will consider it only if I can wait and have the new car as a September reg as it will obviously hold its value better! No way will I accept a reduced trade in price if they expect me to take a 22 plate two weeks before September!!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #7
Matt26499
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I was told when I had my car valued in November 2021 that it is worth £xxx. This current car is financed and the quote was around £2500 more than what I had left on my finance. I was advised that when I eventually swap cars (sometime next week) the price they will give me will still be the £2500 more than the current finance remainder 8 months later.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 11:48 AM   #8
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I ordered the same in November 2021 and my delivery has been repeatedly put back and now stands at August!
I was originally offered £19k for my trade in (more than I paid for it at a main dealer 18 months before!!) but have been warned it will need to be revalued! As I explained to my guy at the dealer, the only reason I was ordering a new car was because of the extremely high used value of my current car and he agreed that if I am not happy with the new value i will get my deposit back! When they do offer me a revised price in August I intend to suggest that I will consider it only if I can wait and have the new car as a September reg as it will obviously hold its value better! No way will I accept a reduced trade in price if they expect me to take a 22 plate two weeks before September!!
Hi there.

Yeah I'm the same. The delivery date is changing all the time. I'm certainly not taking a car now unless it's registered a 72 plate in September. It'll be interesting to see what figures they come back with.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2022, 03:22 PM   #9
R055
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks
I had the same scenario with dealership in Scotland. Ordered a 2 series GC in February - ended up selling my trade in to WeBuyAnyCar in June as I was worried about depreciation. I think the prices have actually stayed the same since then (if not increased slightly).

If the dealership don't give you a fair price for trade in closer to delivery date then sell the car for cash and buy your new car using the sale funds.
Appreciate 0