BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

12-04-2023, 05:44 AM   #1
Xmuzha
Egzon
Rep
Drives: F44 218i

Unhappy F44 Ambient light stopping half way through the centre console

I’ve bought a 218i Gran coupe last year I really like the car, only issue I have is the ambient lighting under the display, it stops half way but I don’t seem to understand why considering they made it seem like it would stretch all the way, is there any after market solutions that I can buy? I’ve searched everywhere but I can’t seem to find anything at all
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 09:10 AM   #2
Mykele
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 m235 GC (storm bay)

The passenger side dash ambient lighting deliberately is only above the glove box. If it extended across the entire dash, it could cause reflection on the idrive screen. Not to mention driver distraction.
I personally like the way it is. Same with the doors.. the lighting does not cross the entire door panel, it's just an accent.

I am not aware of any aftermarket lighting to "add more". Would likely require disassembly of dash, and replacing entire trim. It looks like only the lighted section has translucent section to let the light through.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 11:41 AM   #3
Xmuzha
Egzon
Rep
Drives: F44 218i

Thanks man appreciate the response, I doubt there is a mod to add more, it’s still a lovely interior at the end of the day and on second thought you are right it would reflect on the screen, thank you for the feedback.
Appreciate 0