BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

10-13-2023, 04:20 AM   #1
Ltattz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti F40

128ti heated seats not staying 'fully' hot

Hi. I am experiencing an odd function of the heated seats in my 128ti and was wondering if it a fault or they are all like this.
basically with the car temp set on auto at 22 degrees, when i turn on the heated seats (to the max 3 lights) the seats warm up nice and hot for just a few mins then cool down again. they are still on but they are just luke warm and not hot (as i want them) the 3 lights are showing they are still set to max.
if i increase the car temp to 25 degress the seats warm up again for a few mins but then cool down but to a slightly higher temp (as though they are linked to the temp setting in the car)
is this standard or do you think i have a problem? id its standard is there a way i can get the seat to stay hot like they did in my M235i that i traded in for this one.
all info/help is gratefully recieved
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

This may be helpful: there is, at least on some F40 cars, an automatic control for seat (and steering wheel) heating, that switches it on whenever the outside temperature drops below your preset value. You'll find it on the iDrive, under Car. Another possibility is that Eco mode defaults to reducing the heat; again this is adjustable. Try fiddling with these settings. Otherwise you probably need to see your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 09:34 AM   #3
Ltattz
Registered
Rep

Hi cjn. thanks for you're message. i have been in the idrive and deactivated the 'auto on' settings for the seats so it shouldnt be that.
also i have tried cycling through the driving modes as well but again that doesnt have any effect.
i was hoping that someone else on here who has an f40 might have noticed the same thing.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 11:07 AM   #4
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

One further idea: there is a setting for the duration of the heating.
Two routes to it for the BDC-BODY3 controller:

BimmerCode: Seat Heating Memory (default = 15 minutes)

via E-Sys: 3090 NACHLAUFZEIT_SITZHEIZUNG_FRONT
werte 01 = 15 minutes
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 03:25 PM   #5
Ltattz
Registered
Rep

I've never coded any of my BMW's and don't know much about it to be fair. Is it something I can just plug and play? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 04:29 PM   #6
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltattz View Post
I've never coded any of my BMW's and don't know much about it to be fair. Is it something I can just plug and play? Thanks
BimmerCode is a good program for both beginners and experts, as it has some commonly wanted amendments in a simple packaged form, plus it lets those who know what they're doing get good access to the system.

Have a look at their website, where you can check out what's easily available for your own car.
https://bimmercode.app/
Come back here if you have any questions.

I wouldn't recommend the various E-Sys routes for a beginner.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 02:05 AM   #7
Ltattz
Registered
Rep

thanks for that. i will have a look at this later today. fingers crossed there are a few nice bits on there for me
Appreciate 0