E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro-Kit on RFTs??

12-25-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
panzerfaust
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Eibach Pro-Kit on RFTs??

So, I read up a few different threads but didn't find anything specific for this as most people who upgrade to lowered springs either ditch the RFTs or replace their shocks/struts as well.

Background story below but to the point, will Eibach Pro-Kit Springs on Stock xi suspension and OEM RFTs be too harsh on NYC roads, when compared to stock setup?

I currently have an e90 328xi with stock suspension and am looking to lower the vehicle to get rid of the 4x4 look. I've settled on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, b/c I think the H&R's are a little too aggressive and Eibach seems to get rid of rake better by lowering the front more.

I'm looking to lower my ride but not replace my stock shocks/struts until they wear out (currently 36,XXX and will probably go to Bilsteins), and I just purchased a set of 189s with OEM tires and TPMS already mounted/balanced so not looking to swap the tires either.

Any thoughts? Other setup recommendations welcome as well!
As a side note, will the dealer do an alignment on the vehicle if it has aftermarket suspension?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #2
jase888
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 2007 328xi

bump
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Harsh probably not to bad, but I will guess it will be bouncy. Stock suspension is just not designed for lowering springs and higher spring rates, so the oem shocks will not handle the dampening and rebound very well.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
ninesixtwo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91

I have the stock 17" 225/45 run-flats with old performance kit and sport springs... Sure it's a little more noticeable now over manhole covers and the like but not as terrible as some people made it out to be. I wouldn't mind going for PS2 non-run-flat at some point but now I'm even considering just getting the run-flat (ZP) version.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
YvesD
Lamininist
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black X5M

No, not a good idea.

The Pro-kit spring is a quality product but the OEM M Sport shock is not man enough to handle it, especially on rebound.

Even worse on RFT's.

Tried it myself. Not nice.

Yves

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfaust View Post
So, I read up a few different threads but didn't find anything specific for this as most people who upgrade to lowered springs either ditch the RFTs or replace their shocks/struts as well.

Background story below but to the point, will Eibach Pro-Kit Springs on Stock xi suspension and OEM RFTs be too harsh on NYC roads, when compared to stock setup?

I currently have an e90 328xi with stock suspension and am looking to lower the vehicle to get rid of the 4x4 look. I've settled on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, b/c I think the H&R's are a little too aggressive and Eibach seems to get rid of rake better by lowering the front more.

I'm looking to lower my ride but not replace my stock shocks/struts until they wear out (currently 36,XXX and will probably go to Bilsteins), and I just purchased a set of 189s with OEM tires and TPMS already mounted/balanced so not looking to swap the tires either.

Any thoughts? Other setup recommendations welcome as well!
As a side note, will the dealer do an alignment on the vehicle if it has aftermarket suspension?
Appreciate 0