Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Is there any way to keep the roundel when changing to aftermarket rims?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
zz25
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 Landcruiser

Is there any way to keep the roundel when changing to aftermarket rims?

Will be getting a winter tire/wheel package when I get my 330i this fall (w/ZSP). Will probably go down to 17in for snows. I really like stock looking cars and and don't really like to change much. Is there any way to get roundels for aftermarket rims to keep the stock look? I know BMW offers winter tire/wheel packages in Europe but not sure if they do it in the US. At any rate, I'm sure Tire Rack is a lot more economical. Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
jflecha
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 06 330i

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
I noticed when I took my 162's off for my winter tire swap that the roundels looked like plastic inserts and probably can be removed.

I suppose if they fit you could take them out and put them on your other rims, I didnt try it so I cant say how hard it would be to remove them.

I want to stress the fact that I breifly looked at them so I cant be sure if they're plastic, they're in storage or else I'd take a closer look for you.
      02-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Wildcat Jon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

If you buy from tire rack, they will throw in the BMW roundels for the wheels for free (even though they aren't BMW wheels). Got mine on right now. Sweet.
      02-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
zz25
Private
Rep
Drives: '04 Landcruiser

Thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it. Wondering now why I see so many pics of aftermarket wheels on cars with no roundels?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #5
Matt_UKTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz25
Will be getting a winter tire/wheel package when I get my 330i this fall (w/ZSP). Will probably go down to 17in for snows. I really like stock looking cars and and don't really like to change much. Is there any way to get roundels for aftermarket rims to keep the stock look? I know BMW offers winter tire/wheel packages in Europe but not sure if they do it in the US. At any rate, I'm sure Tire Rack is a lot more economical. Any advice would be appreciated.
Mike at **********s.com sells some aftermarket rims that will take the BMW center caps. I just purchased some Hartge reps with stock BMW roundels. They look awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

can you post or pm me pictures of the velocity VB2s on your ride? i was wondering how the dish on the Hartge Classic rep's look. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_330i
Mike at **********s.com sells some aftermarket rims that will take the BMW center caps. I just purchased some Hartge reps with stock BMW roundels. They look awesome.
Appreciate 0