BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

05-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #1
rossm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

New old owner with a new old car

Hi all

Having owned my F31 330D S-drive for 5 years, I fancied a change so have just put down a deposit on an M135i and will hopefully be collecting it next week. Super excited as I don't change cars very often

The one I have gone for is an ex-demonstrator that someone has had for a long term loaner while they were waiting for gearbox parts for their main car to arrive. Hopefully they have looked after it and at least it will be run in

New spec:

December 2020 build in Storm Bay
Pro Pack
Technology Pack with adaptive LEDs
Dakota leather interior
Reversing camera
Harmon Kardon
Anti dazzle folding mirrors
Sun protection glass
19" 557M wheels

Have also asked the dealer to fit the shadowline diamond black grille and front bumper inserts before collection so I don't have to fanny about afterwards.

Am currently looking at the Eibach springs, and probably a Racechip with bluetooth for a sensible power upgrade

As this thread is useless without pics, here's my old F31. Was pretty heavily loaded with pano roof, pro nav, HK audio, adaptive dampers, folding dimming mirrors etc.

Will be sad to see it go for sure, but I've been working from home full time and just no real need for a motorway mile muncher any more. Looked very closely at an M140i shadow edition but preferred the more modern looks and feel of the F40 - seems like a more grown up package overall, but the main sell was the rear 3/4 and side view. Looks amazing imho. Also it's still fairly practical for dog-carrying duties and it will become the Mrs car in a year or so and I can get a 718 GTS/GT4 for weekend fun

Will update with a few shots when I have collected the new car. Sleepless nights between now and then

Cheers
Appreciate 1
Hedoniste3770.50
      05-19-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
vod74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i XDrive (F40)

Awesome! Send piccies when you get it! You'll love it!
Appreciate 1
rossm284.00
      06-03-2021, 01:51 AM   #3
Lewis_F20
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1 Series F20 118i Shadowline

Nice man!

I have just picked my 2020 M135i up over the weekend. You certainly won't be disappointed with the interior or performance, it's plenty quick enough for a public road.

I agree though, it's more grown up than the M140i and I had a very similar thought process to you when buying it. I don't think it's as fun as an M140i, but still fun and just the better all round package IMO.
Appreciate 0