BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

01-30-2021, 04:13 PM   #23
mhmtkyl
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 GC2

Do I have a chance to install any application to id7? there is nothing in the "my app" section.
Due to regulation in my country, I cant able use the connected drive app or my BMW app.
It is non-sense... I wanna see all details on my iPhone or Apple watch... I Was able to see before for my F45.
my second question is, do I have a chance to watch videos or youtube with apple car play?
can iphones be able to screen mirroring?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2021, 06:26 AM   #24
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmtkyl View Post
Do I have a chance to install any application to id7? there is nothing in the "my app" section.
Due to regulation in my country, I cant able use the connected drive app or my BMW app.
It is non-sense... I wanna see all details on my iPhone or Apple watch... I Was able to see before for my F45.
my second question is, do I have a chance to watch videos or youtube with apple car play?
I don't think you can mirror from an iPhone as that's only through airplay, however I believe if you have an android then that can be mirrored onto the idrive screen 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 12:37 AM   #25
flipmodebg
Registered
Rep
Drives: F44 2020

Had anyone here had any luck coding the "acoustic signal on reverse" option?
It codes successfully on my 218i and I was expecting to hear a beep when shifting to reverse, however nothing is happening.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 10:06 AM   #26
jpms
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpms View Post
What modules are being detected on your F44 ?

I'm using the OBDLink MX+ adapter and this what I see(see the image).

I was hoping to see the Front & Rear Electronic modules.. :/

Well, I was able to code some minor things, but just curious if it's a limitation on the bimmercode app or adapter.
FYI - I received this response from Bimmercode support:

"the F44 is not equipped with an FEM or REM, but a BDC instead."
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #27
egorix
Rep
Drives: BMW M235 (F44)

So did anyone find out if coding of Sport+ and Comfort+ possible for F44 M235?
Appreciate 1
CoopJet3811.50
      03-01-2021, 09:53 PM   #28
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Sport + and comfort + don't do a damn thing like literally nothing in the f44. If you want sport plus get a m340.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 03:22 PM   #29
fabrice1k
Rep
Drives: BMW F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmtkyl View Post
It's possible with a jailbroken iPhone. I use 2 iPhones, the main in iDrive Bluetooth mode and the second in CarPlay mode. The second is jailbroken with Checkra1n and I have screen mirroring with the CarBridge tweak. I have also activated the video in movement so I can now watch any video displayed on my jailbroken iPhone except those with DRM.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #30
DeformedTinman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2er GC M218i

Quote:
Originally Posted by egorix View Post
So did anyone find out if coding of Sport+ and Comfort+ possible for F44 M235?
As of Today I have coded all the basic stuff i.e Auto start stop off plus have coded Sport Plus, changed the Ambient to pink for the misses for her profile.
Expert mode is daunting as you could brick your ecu's but with the correct research its not far different to the G20, I use a cable link (e-net with Anker Usb-C) with my note 9 which supports Ethernet connection.
I love the car less than a month old... my profile is blue 😆

Storm Bay, Digital Key, Comfort pack 1 + 2, Sun Glass, Heated Steering + others.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CoopJet3811.50
      04-29-2021, 02:33 PM   #31
Somnoboost
Rep
Drives: 2021 M235ix

I'd stay away from the Xtraboost. I'm pretty sure it's for their hybrid and electric cars. It sends a boost of power to the battery.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #32
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

It's like beating a dead horse around here. Xtraboost and or sports + does literally zip zero nothing to the car. Just gives you a fake option that doesn't do anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 12:35 AM   #33
jpms
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i F44

Looks like bimmercode added some new coding options in the last few months I wasn't aware of and I was able to code the M Sport logo on my hybrid cluster. It looks pretty cool to me.

I tried using the other M options, but they didn't change anything. Maybe they are not supported by the instrument cluster I have, but still happy with the small M Sport touch.

I'm using the OBDLink MX+ adapter.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      06-14-2023, 06:13 AM   #34
Blxk.M235i
Rep
Drives: bmw m235i f44

need help coding sportplus

hey

So today i received my vLinker BM+ to code my f44.

I coded in M preformance 200mph. (worked)
Then i tried coding in sport plus but i didnt find the option, i went in to exprextmode 3221 and changed sport dynamic into sportExtreme which is supposted to enable sportplus. I coded it but nothings changed, i still dont have the option for sportplus.

i have an europeon m235i 2020 model
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2023, 09:50 AM   #35
Blxk.M235i
Rep

I figured it out!

weird thing is , in sport mode my exhausts pops but it doesn’t do that in sport plus. Kinda weird. Bcs it’s like sport is faster but maybe I’m just tripping
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 07:32 PM   #36
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blxk.M235i View Post
I figured it out!

weird thing is , in sport mode my exhausts pops but it doesn’t do that in sport plus. Kinda weird. Bcs it’s like sport is faster but maybe I’m just tripping
That's awesome! How did you do it?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 12:56 AM   #37
Blxk.M235i
Rep

You need to go to, on Bimmercode, MGU-headunit under expert mode, then scroll down to FES. You want FES_SPORT_EXPERT which will be ticked nicht activ, not active. Tick activ then click CODE and wait for it to reset.
Once reset, you should see PLUS as an additional setting to SPORT & SPORT INDIVIDUAL on the drive display. It also shows PLUS as an additional option under SPORT INDIVIDUAL menu for ENGINE and TRANSMISSION.

I also went into the into to the instrument cluster expert mode and searched for the word sportplus and I turned everything on😅. It works now but i don’t know if it’s faster or not. All I know is my burbles for away in sportplus
Appreciate 2
      06-15-2023, 03:13 PM   #38
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You need to go to, on Bimmercode, MGU-headunit under expert mode, then scroll down to FES. You want FES_SPORT_EXPERT which will be ticked nicht activ, not active. Tick activ then click CODE and wait for it to reset.
Once reset, you should see PLUS as an additional setting to SPORT & SPORT INDIVIDUAL on the drive display. It also shows PLUS as an additional option under SPORT INDIVIDUAL menu for ENGINE and TRANSMISSION.

I also went into the into to the instrument cluster expert mode and searched for the word sportplus and I turned everything on😅. It works now but i don’t know if it’s faster or not. All I know is my burbles for away in sportplus
Thanks for the info! I'm going to give that a shot!
Appreciate 1
      06-19-2023, 01:01 PM   #39
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Just wanted to report back on this. I was able to get it to work and changed the tranny and throttle to sport plus. This is my wife's car and she said see really likes how much more responsive the throttle is now and some of the lag she notices in second and third gear is gone! It doesn't show sport plus in the dash though as I have to go through the idrive menu to put the throttle and tranny in sport plus, so I set this for her as sport individual.

Thanks again for figuring this out and posting about it!
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2023, 06:12 AM   #40
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Hi what is the best obd reader to buy that is compatible with bimmercode and all of the coding settings

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 10:53 PM   #41
maxyeo
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 218i Gran Coupe M-Sport F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombrunskill View Post
Hi what is the best obd reader to buy that is compatible with bimmercode and all of the coding settings

Thanks
Enet cable
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 12:05 AM   #42
maxyeo
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 218i Gran Coupe M-Sport F44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblaucoupe135 View Post
has anyone done any coding on the 2 GC? I have the bimmercode app on my phone and used it to code lots of stuff on my M240i. however plugged it in the other day on my wife's new m235i GC and there seemed to be very few options to change, which was kind of a bummer.
Hi, are you use Bluetooth obd adapter or enet cable ? I try to code my friend M235i but couldn't detect enet cable ..... Wonder whats wrong
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 05:39 PM   #43
mblaucoupe135
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxyeo View Post
Hi, are you use Bluetooth obd adapter or enet cable ? I try to code my friend M235i but couldn't detect enet cable ..... Wonder whats wrong
I'm using a Bluetooth obd adapter. I think it's called veepeak
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 08:34 AM   #44
Blxk.M235i
Rep

I use Vlinker bm+. It costs 40bucks but has every option even body domain controls.
Appreciate 0