BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
Keyinhand
Enlisted Member
Keyinhand's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: F10 528i (sold); F44 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Wireless Charging add on?

Recently picked up a well equipped (but not fully loaded) 2MGC. Love this car. Coming from a previous F10 528, there is a lot I am familiar with, and pleased with the new tech updates. Love the sound this car makes when accelerating. Focusing in on creature comforts - this one did not have wireless charing, but the pad is there - is this a possible aftermarket add on? This is all about ease as plugging in a cable is easy...but wireless charging is easier...and for the right price might be a good deal.

(Side note: the M sport version of this model was a difference maker for me - the headlights and the other styling flourishes here make me think this should be the standard look for this model)
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 08:27 AM   #2
LuCanBimmer
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: M235i GC
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Might be mistaken, however it was my impression wireless charging was standard.

The issue that faced with mine, the phone does not charge with the protective case. I wonder, if you might have a similar issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #3
Saladin12
New Member
Saladin12's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: On Order - 218i M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCanBimmer View Post
Might be mistaken, however it was my impression wireless charging was standard.

The issue that faced with mine, the phone does not charge with the protective case. I wonder, if you might have a similar issue.
In the UK, at least, it's not standard - it's part of the Tech Pack upgrade (or available separately for 300)
__________________
Awaiting delivery:
BMW 218i GC M Sport Auto
Mineral Grey with Oyster interior.
Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Driving Assistant
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 08:59 PM   #4
Keyinhand
Enlisted Member
Keyinhand's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: F10 528i (sold); F44 M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladin12 View Post
In the UK, at least, it's not standard - it's part of the Tech Pack upgrade (or available separately for 300)
Same here in the US - it is a $500 option. While the pad remains there, there is an additional light to show status of what you are charging. The base pad shows a phone diagram, so it's almost like a taunt and a visual reminder of what feature you do not have (also tried it and 2 other phones without the case - it is a no go. In the grand scheme of things, it's OK - just wish this was a standard feature given the integration of phones and cars these days...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2020, 09:25 PM   #5
lilstevie
Enlisted Member
Australia
9
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: BMW X1
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyinhand View Post
Same here in the US - it is a $500 option. While the pad remains there, there is an additional light to show status of what you are charging. The base pad shows a phone diagram, so it's almost like a taunt and a visual reminder of what feature you do not have (also tried it and 2 other phones without the case - it is a no go. In the grand scheme of things, it's OK - just wish this was a standard feature given the integration of phones and cars these days...
Here in Australia M-Sport and the wireless charging pad are standard equipment
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 03:44 AM   #6
crew_member
Registered
Russia
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW 2 Series 218i
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Wireless charging can be installed additionally (aftermarket). In a few weeks, I can inform about the result. The cost in Russia is 170 euros.

OFF... Also, you can install "this one", if you wish.
Suitable from X models. Looks much better ))
Lacquered cap is ordered separately and soon will be installed.
[IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/4500/C6SuEF.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




bmw
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST