BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

11-02-2020, 01:44 AM   #111
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
VSC was too convenient for HAM for my liking. Watched it live and havent seen replayed it but it felt like the stewards took their time deploying til he was coming up to the last few contents and it ended right after he left the pits. Wether or not he came out in front of Bottas he would’ve eventually pass him but the VSC seemed to start and last just long enough just for HAM to get the pit benefit.

Ferrari is being more and more blatant with fucking with Vettel on his way out the door. The botched pit could happen to anyone but it HAD to happen to Vettel when he was primed to come out in the points somewhere along the McClarens. And then WTF were they thinking putting him on hards when he could’ve attacked on softs and probably made it to the end, no point going conservative now.
Hamilton had made up the required time to come out ahead of Bottas and Verstappen after his pit stop...so the VSC made no difference.
If they hadn't thrown a VSC then Hamilton was scheduled to stay out longer and would have made up even more of a gap.
But yes the timing of the VSC felt a bit too convenient for Hamilton.

I don't at all believe that Ferrari deliberately sabotaged Vettel's pitstop, for a start some of the pit crew would have to be in on the plan and there would be every chance that someone might blab,....plus there is no upside for the team in seeing such an embarrassing botched pit stop.
The Italian press will not be at all impressed.
It was definitely a shame for Vettel who had put in a good performance that most likely would have gained him some points....even on the hard tyre which performed pretty well once warmed up.

I was a bit sad for Russel who had a great race right up until, just as he was spinning up his rear tyres to put some heat in them, he went over a bump in the track.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      11-02-2020, 02:41 AM   #112
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Hamilton had made up the required time to come out ahead of Bottas and Verstappen after his pit stop...so the VSC made no difference.
If they hadn't thrown a VSC then Hamilton was scheduled to stay out longer and would have made up even more of a gap.
But yes the timing of the VSC felt a bit too convenient for Hamilton.

I don't at all believe that Ferrari deliberately sabotaged Vettel's pitstop, for a start some of the pit crew would have to be in on the plan and there would be every chance that someone might blab,....plus there is no upside for the team in seeing such an embarrassing botched pit stop.
The Italian press will not be at all impressed.
It was definitely a shame for Vettel who had put in a good performance that most likely would have gained him some points....even on the hard tyre which performed pretty well once warmed up.

I was a bit sad for Russel who had a great race right up until, just as he was spinning up his rear tyres to put some heat in them, he went over a bump in the track.
Definitely, he had made up the time to cover outright having putting in fastest lap after fastest lap. They were saying the pit stop delta was around 27 seconds and I think he was 28 or so when this all went down. I just remember watching it live that when whoever it was that pulled off the track it took the stewards just enough time to announce the VSC that he happened to to be coming up to the pit lane and ended it just after he got out. Maybe it’s just my memory being hazy cuz I was watching it at 5am here on a few hours sleep.

With Vettel, watching this whole saga unfold I feel bad for and frustrated for him at his treatment from the team. From the contract talks to the hair brained strategies race after race to even the car. Some part of me refuses to believe that he is this much worse than Charles this year. I’ve been a Ferrari fan since I started watching F1 and I don’t think he is getting treated with the respect that a 4x champion should be treated by the team.

As for Russell it immediately brought up Grosjean from a few years ago at Azerbaijan. He’ll eventually get a better drive if he continues to dominate his partner in a shitty car, just gotta have patience.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 04:01 AM   #113
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
As much as I would have liked to see that fight, it wast going to happen. There were a few laps after the pass on Bottas where Max had clean air and it didnt seem like he was making up any ground. Not to mention he didnt find any way past Bottas in the first 20 or so laps before the first pit stop.
Max didn't have a chance to continue his pursuit of HAM because of a sudden rear tyre deflation from debris that appeared out of nowhere.

Last edited by M5Rick; 11-02-2020 at 04:14 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 05:51 AM   #114
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
With Vettel, watching this whole saga unfold I feel bad for and frustrated for him at his treatment from the team. From the contract talks to the hair brained strategies race after race to even the car. Some part of me refuses to believe that he is this much worse than Charles this year. I’ve been a Ferrari fan since I started watching F1 and I don’t think he is getting treated with the respect that a 4x champion should be treated by the team.
I am surprised by how poorly its gone for Vettel at Ferrari lately...the car is a bit of a dog at the moment but Seb has shown in the past that he is no slouch.
That Leclerc is managing to pull some great performances out of the car despite its pitiful straight line speed is pretty impressive.
Looks like Ferrari have got themselves a star driver for the future.
Should get a better idea next year against Sainz.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 11-02-2020 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1704.50
minn1913970.00
      11-02-2020, 08:16 AM   #115
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Just to clarify, Ricciardo didnt punch the wall because Verstappen was faster, he punched the wall because of yet another failed power unit. His last podium that year was his win in Monaco and he had been plagued by reliability all year. He really wanted one last podium to see off his team in style before he left for Renault.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8595356.html
Mate , actually more was going on behind the screens ..
In the previous races RIC showed already his aggressive nature behind the smile of his bling, bling teeth ...

By RIC's pent-up frustrations , he took a bottle and got drunk in his camper !
In a drunken mood like a true Aussie , RIC peed against the door of MAX's camper . It was caught by the RB security cam , and also posted on social media by one of the mechanics because it was funny . But a few min. later it was already deleted by RB !
Horner and this time also Marko came with a paper and warned him again with a dismissal...
He was warned more than once by Horner to keep his anger under control !
The rest we know ,by the well know frustrations RIC walked to Renault ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 09:32 AM   #116
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Max didn't have a chance to continue his pursuit of HAM because of a sudden rear tyre deflation from debris that appeared out of nowhere.
My friend , I was just reading an article about the race from yesterday :
According Horner and MAX ..

As we know MAX was running under BOT's wing . On the straight ,and without a valid reason BOT stamped his foot on his brake pedal !
MAX said : I had to test my brakes as well, to avoid an accident !

As we know , BOT forced MAX off the track at Portimao as well..
Don't think this are sporty reactions from BOT's side ..
MAX said : I'll keep it in mind !

I think BOT has a false personality . And I wouldn't trust the Viking !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #117
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Uhhhh... Ferrari. What is going on? Three drivers killed it at tyre management and only three: HAM, VET, and RAI. The data showed no decline in Vettel’s lap time from when GIO pitted until he pitted. His pit stop (if done correctly) would’veput him in P8. Not only that, he asked for softs and they gave him hards. Why would you give a driver who managed the mediums for 39 laps harder tyres?

The second thing is the stripped wheel nut. Why would a team at this level put stripped wheel on a car?
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58913.50
E92inNC1704.50
      11-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #118
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Uhhhh... Ferrari. What is going on? Three drivers killed it at tyre management and only three: HAM, VET, and RAI. The data showed no decline in Vettel’s lap time from when GIO pitted until he pitted. His pit stop (if done correctly) would’veput him in P8. Not only that, he asked for softs and they gave him hards. Why would you give a driver who managed the mediums for 39 laps harder tyres?

The second thing is the stripped wheel nut. Why would a team at this level put stripped wheel on a car?
Mate . Ferrari and Binotto don't care about SEB anymore ...
LeCrash is GOD at Ferrari ( at least in this season )
I really hope, Sainz will show his b@lls at Ferrari , and this will be very painful for LeCrash !

Anyway , SEB will be faster in '21 !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #119
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend , I was just reading an article about the race from yesterday :
According Horner and MAX ..

As we know MAX was running under BOT's wing . On the straight ,and without a valid reason BOT stamped his foot on his brake pedal !
MAX said : I had to test my brakes as well, to avoid an accident !

As we know , BOT forced MAX off the track at Portimao as well..
Don't think this are sporty reactions from BOT's side ..
MAX said : I'll keep it in mind !

I think BOT has a false personality . And I wouldn't trust the Viking !
I wouldn't trust BOT with a barge pole!
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #120
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Mate , actually more was going on behind the screens ..
In the previous races RIC showed already his aggressive nature behind the smile of his bling, bling teeth ...

By RIC's pent-up frustrations , he took a bottle and got drunk in his camper !
In a drunken mood like a true Aussie , RIC peed against the door of MAX's camper . It was caught by the RB security cam , and also posted on social media by one of the mechanics because it was funny . But a few min. later it was already deleted by RB !
Horner and this time also Marko came with a paper and warned him again with a dismissal...
He was warned more than once by Horner to keep his anger under control !
The rest we know ,by the well know frustrations RIC walked to Renault ...
Hahah Ricci 'gnasher' teeth is a boozer and pisses anywhere
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #121
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mate . Ferrari and Binotto don't care about SEB anymore ...
LeCrash is GOD at Ferrari ( at least in this season )
I really hope, Sainz will show his b@lls at Ferrari , and this will be very painful for LeCrash !

Anyway , SEB will be faster in '21 !
Racing Point are working hard with the new car design as you can see from the big ass camera lens theyÂ’re using 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
rcracin1238.00
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 12:39 PM   #122
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Racing Point are working hard with the new car design as you can see from the big ass camera lens theyÂ’re using 😂
Well know in F1 . Spy-shots are coming from everywhere !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #123
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Well know in F1 . Spy-shots are coming from everywhere !
Talking of shots I'd like to know where the debris came from that Max hit at high speed.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 01:50 PM   #124
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Merc sent a drone in and dropped it right on time.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #125
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Talking of shots I'd like to know where the debris came from that Max hit at high speed.
My friend . Me too . As I said , for the moment it remains a mystery .

All we can see is that the debris is/was black . But It's not black (dark black) enough to be a piece of rubber that came from the rear blown tire .
Most likely , It's looks to me like a sharp piece of CF .

Could be also coming from BOT's car . His Merc got floor damage .

EDIT : One thing is for sure , the tire was cut and exploded . MAX was very lucky , he didn't had traffic in front of him !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 11-02-2020 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #126
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Merc sent a drone in and dropped it right on time.
Mate . Do you mean the Party-Mode ?

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-02-2020, 02:10 PM   #127
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
My friend . Me too . As I said , for the moment it remains a mystery .

All we can see is that the debris is/was black . But It's not black (dark black) enough to be a piece of rubber that came from the rear blown tire .
Most likely , It's looks to me like a sharp piece of CF .

Could be also coming from BOT's car . His Merc got floor damage .
May have but unlikely I think as Merc techs removed a piece of VET's end plate that had imbedded into BOT's floor pan so if the debris came from BOT's car then I would have thought that plate would have detached also.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #128
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Mate . Do you mean the Party-Mode ?
Sure, if it makes you feel better.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2020, 02:39 PM   #129
msk340i
Major
Rep

How Ferrari are managing to show up every weekend is beyond me. But maybe managing one car and one driver helps.
It is seriously a joke that they canÂ’t spot the damage on his car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick58913.50
MKSixer34171.50
      11-02-2020, 03:21 PM   #130
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Negative

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58913.50
      11-03-2020, 02:30 AM   #131
bitterspeak
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80

Incoming unpopular opinion - I don't get why everyone is feeling sorry for George Russell and trying to console him. Russell made an incredibly stupid rookie mistake. If any of the Red Bull boys did this, they would be crucified by the media.

I get that he's a bright beacon for the future of F1 but damn, he crashed into a wall behind the safety car. This is way dumber than Albon spinning at a corner during the race restart.
Appreciate 1
      11-03-2020, 02:32 AM   #132
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Folk have to invent something to excuse why their idol isn't winning.
And repeating it ad nauseum just never gets old!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
minn1913970.00