Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Local Forums UK Displaying the "exit screen" or setting the car to Charge Immediately.

03-14-2021, 04:33 AM   #1
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

When you switch from Drive Ready to standby, the 330e displays the Charge Immediately option on the "exit screen" display. I often ignore as I have my car configured to Charge overnight to make use of TOU tariff.

Last night however I wanted to start charging early as had a real early start this morning, so whilst out loading the boot, I tried to see if I could get it to start charging immediately from the car itself.

Couldn't find a way to get that screen back up without switching to drive ready state and off again, which it wouldn't do car car was plugged in. So seemed my only option was to:
  • unplug, start/stop, select Charge immediately and plug back in. (adding a charge session to the history)
  • Change settings within the app from "Charge in timeslot" to "Charge Immediately" , send to car, wait til fully charged and set it back

..both seem a bit of a faff. Anyone found a way to start charge immediately if car already in standby and plugged in?

Thanks in advance.
      03-16-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

Quote:
Originally Posted by willougs View Post
..both seem a bit of a faff. Anyone found a way to start charge immediately if car already in standby and plugged in?

Thanks in advance.

The setting is on Main Menu, you could assign a 1-8 shortcut key to it to override the default/last setting when you need to ?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks. Good idea. When you say Main Menu, do you mean the "Plan Charge/Climate" screen? if I set to immediately in there, I think I need to remember to manually set back to "Charge in time slot" ready for the next overnight charge?
      03-17-2021, 02:38 PM   #4
jedpause
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport '21

You can use MyBmw App and click Charge and Climafe section

Or use the pop up notifications when stopping car also

But yes you are using the right menu setting, once highlighted, click a shortcut button and hold
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 02:55 PM   #5
willougs
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

The problem with using the app is that it's only possible to set one option at a time, so if I need to set to Charge Immediately as a one off, I need to remember to set it back to "Time slot" again at a later date. Really the app needs a "Charge Now" button to temporarily override if Charge in Time Slot is selected.

If you ignore the pop up when leaving the car as happy for it to charge in time slot, but then plans change, its not possible to temporarily set the car to charge immediately without having to change your preference and then having to remember to set it back again.