BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

10-10-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

Music Collection

Hi all. Does anyone know if a new 128ti with HK will allow the importing of music from USB to an internal hard drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

I have a Mar 21 M135i and had been listening to radio until I decided to try and import some MP3s onto the drive. I think the hardrive and gone and on mine I cannot see Music Collection. Looking forward to other replies. My X5/6 and 8 Series had it. I did a search and some claimed that it will play files of a device connected into the main large USB. I connected a MP3 player with music and it did not recognise it.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 12:00 PM   #3
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Co View Post
I have a Mar 21 M135i and had been listening to radio until I decided to try and import some MP3s onto the drive. I think the hardrive and gone and on mine I cannot see Music Collection. Looking forward to other replies. My X5/6 and 8 Series had it. I did a search and some claimed that it will play files of a device connected into the main large USB. I connected a MP3 player with music and it did not recognise it.
Hi there. Yeah I picked my 128ti up today. Ordered in February collected today. Definitely no hard drive despite the salesman assuring me that the HK had it. Strange driving a FWD BMW. Lovely car though, looking forward getting to know it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 03:35 PM   #4
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Definitely no internal hard drive on an F40. Put your music on a USB memory stick and plug it in to the USB socket next to the cup holders. You can select the memory device and play from there. Mine plays MP3s and FLACs.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 10:12 AM   #5
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
Definitely no internal hard drive on an F40. Put your music on a USB memory stick and plug it in to the USB socket next to the cup holders. You can select the memory device and play from there. Mine plays MP3s and FLACs.
Thanks. That's what I've had to do. 👍
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2022, 10:36 AM   #6
Wing Co
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i & 911 GTS

As per the other posts I plugged in an old MP3 that no longer worked for me in the gym and bingo music, including skipping tracks from the steering, etc. Cheers as per SME 150!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 11:16 AM   #7
Uyyyu09
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
Hi all. Does anyone know if a new 128ti with HK will allow the importing of music from USB to an internal hard drive.
Quote:
I need the information also man
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 12:42 PM   #8
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyyyu09 View Post
Have you read this thread? F40s DON'T HAVE A HARD DRIVE.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 01:46 PM   #9
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyyyu09 View Post
Have you read this thread? F40s DON'T HAVE A HARD DRIVE.
CJN When you ask the BMW sales advisor on the day your building your car. Specifications I mean and he advises you that the HK comes with a hard drive, you tend to take them at face value.
Let's be honest, you think they should know the answer. Nowhere on the specifications sheet does it say otherwise. So when it arrives and you don't have it, it's only right that you should be disappointed.
As it turns out a simply USB does the same job. There's no need to shout on the form as we're not all BMW experts.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 03:57 PM   #10
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
CJN When you ask the BMW sales advisor on the day your building your car. Specifications I mean and he advises you that the HK comes with a hard drive, you tend to take them at face value.
Let's be honest, you think they should know the answer. Nowhere on the specifications sheet does it say otherwise. So when it arrives and you don't have it, it's only right that you should be disappointed.
As it turns out a simply USB does the same job. There's no need to shout on the form as we're not all BMW experts.
Don't bother making excuses for someone who can't be bothered to read six posts before asking a question that's been comprehensively answered.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 05:04 PM   #11
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Don't bother making excuses for someone who can't be bothered to read six posts before asking a question that's been comprehensively answered.
Don't be a dick.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 05:07 PM   #12
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And incidentally I was the first to ask the question. There was nothing about this on any other form.
Appreciate 0