BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

12-21-2023, 09:00 AM   #1
Madturbs
Rep
Drives: 128ti White

128ti rear parcel shelf clicking!!!?

Hi all, thought I would post on here and see if any of you are having the same issue. I'm thinking it isn't exclusively related to the 128ti but all 1 series. Assuming the parcel shelfs are the same in all models.

So I'm getting the most horrible click from the parcel shelf most of the time when driving over bumps, once up to speed it seems fine. Removing the shelf completely stops the click, hence I'm positive its that that's causing the issue.

I've had a look and the only thing I can see is the metal clips that hold the shelf in place are a little loose. I've tried foam cuttings to secure the shelf more but still makes the noise.

Has anyone came across this and found a solution?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 02:18 PM   #2
Mr.Freres
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

Garage List
2022 BMW 128ti  [0.00]
My issue is coming from the roof under the fabric cover. I think it was from the wiring or cabling beneath the roof. Super annoying.

I will check my parcel shelf today and see if I have the same issue.
Appreciate 0