BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

04-09-2024, 01:57 PM   #1
TomBmw118i
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 118i

Need some help on my bmw 118i

Hey guys, I’m quite new at owning BMW’s I recently bought my bmw 118i f40 2020 msport when I turned 19. When I went to the dealership (not bmw another dealership that was selling this car) I was looking for a car that is modifiable. I asked the dealership is it ecu cracked so I can remap it, and they stated yes so I bought the car as I wanted it as a daily driver with modifications made to it. Recently I went to get it remapped and a new exhaust on it and the guys who did it was only able to do my exhaust and they told me that my ecu is not cracked yet, do we know how long usually ecus take to get cracked?
Sorry if this post is not allowed here just thought I’d ask cause I have 0 clue where to start. Also one more question, a service light popped up on my dash stating I needed to get a service done however nothing was in the centre console so I went to a service place as I needed an oil change anyways and they stated it probably needs a software update? But they aren’t sure, is it common on these cars or will I have to get it updated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0