BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

07-19-2020, 02:43 PM   #45
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

You do have engine sound under sport individual, all M135i F40's have it
Press sport button, on the screen it should show SPORT, SPORT INDIVIDUAL. There should also be a PLUS option on your coded car. Press sport individual - there are 3 sub headings - Steering, Engine, Transmission.
Steering:
Sport
Comfort
Engine:
Sport
Comfort
Transmission:
Sport
Comfort

There is as you mentioned another setting for engine sound under the main car settings which has 3 options:
Depending on driving mode
Balanced
Reduced

When I coded mine with sport plus, I had additional plus options under engine & transmission but sadly both did nothing. Oh well, I coded it back to normal now. At least I got rid of that awful fake interior sound now!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 04:54 AM   #46
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus330i View Post
Press sport button, on the screen it should show SPORT, SPORT INDIVIDUAL. There should also be a PLUS option on your coded car. Press sport individual - there are 3 sub headings - Steering, Engine, Transmission.
Steering:
Sport
Comfort
Engine:
Sport
Comfort
Transmission:
Sport
Comfort

There is as you mentioned another setting for engine sound under the main car settings which has 3 options:
Balanced
Reduced

When I coded mine with sport plus, I had additional plus options under engine & transmission but sadly both did nothing. Oh well, I coded it back to normal now. At least I got rid of that awful fake interior sound now!
Sorry mate think I've got the wrong end of the stick 😂 I thought you were on about the fake sound in individual. You sure the engine setting is for sound
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 08:10 AM   #47
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Steering:
Sport
Comfort
Engine:
Sport
Comfort
Transmission:
Sport
Comfort

Balanced
Reduced

Out of curiosity how did you code in sports plus?

I couldn't find it in the option list when I searched for it using bimmercode. I am using the uniscan obd.

Also, i got rid if ASD.. the exhaust sounds much better now.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #48
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFoxy View Post
Sorry mate think I've got the wrong end of the stick 😂 I thought you were on about the fake sound in individual. You sure the engine setting is for sound
Yes mate, I'm sure engine is for sound because transmission is the only setting that changes the way the car drives, gearbox either in sport or sport comfort (which is better than just comfort, the button comfort which gives a bit of a laid back gear change and also throttle response.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #49
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
Out of curiosity how did you code in sports plus?

I couldn't find it in the option list when I searched for it using bimmercode. I am using the uniscan obd.

Also, i got rid if ASD.. the exhaust sounds much better now.
Expert mode, it's not as scary as it sounds. I am interested to see if you can actually code it to work with your unicarscan, because I was about to buy one. I used a Vgate icar pro to do all the coding on my car.

You need to go to, on Bimmercode, MGU-headunit under expert mode, then scroll down to FES. You want FES_SPORT_EXPERT which will be ticked nicht activ, not active. Tick activ then click CODE and wait for it to reset. Once reset, you should see PLUS as an additional setting to SPORT & SPORT INDIVIDUAL on the idrive display. It also shows PLUS as an additional option under SPORT INDIVIDUAL menu for ENGINE and TRANSMISSION. But neither worked on my car. Also, I noticed that highlighting the word PLUS on the screen then pressing enter also did nothing! So I thought maybe I need a more extensive adapter, like unicarscsn or Obdlink LX or MX.
To add to this, there's also a setting for XTRA BOOST, which I coded and this wording showed up on the idrive screen but was unable to highlight, like you can highlight the words SPORT and SPORT INDIVIDUAL. All coded back to standard now until someone can explain why I can't code sport plus.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #50
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Expert mode, it's not as scary as it sounds. I am interested to see if you can actually code it to work with your unicarscan, because I was about to buy one. I used a Vgate icar pro to do all the coding on my car.

You need to go to, on Bimmercode, MGU-headunit under expert mode, then scroll down to FES. You want FES_SPORT_EXPERT which will be ticked nicht activ, not active. Tick activ then click CODE and wait for it to reset. Once reset, you should see PLUS as an additional setting to SPORT & SPORT INDIVIDUAL on the idrive display. It also shows PLUS as an additional option under SPORT INDIVIDUAL menu for ENGINE and TRANSMISSION. But neither worked on my car. Also, I noticed that highlighting the word PLUS on the screen then pressing enter also did nothing! So I thought maybe I need a more extensive adapter, like unicarscsn or Obdlink LX or MX.
To add to this, there's also a setting for XTRA BOOST, which I coded and this wording showed up on the idrive screen but was unable to highlight, like you can highlight the words SPORT and SPORT INDIVIDUAL. All coded back to standard now until someone can explain why I can't code sport plus.
This sounds exciting.. I will give it a go and let you know.. the only thing I can think of is that there may be extra coding required for the sport plus to work..
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 11:57 PM   #51
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

So.. I was able to code in sports plus like you mentioned Gregus330i.. its very simple to do. I tested the sport plus option and it doesn't seem to do anything more than what the sport option does. I have a feeling that there is something else we need code in so that it fully works.

I played around with the M display settings while I was there and I managed to code in the M setting, however that doesn't do anything either. As in you can get into the menu option and view the exhaust flap settings, dsc mdm, but when you click to change the function nothing happens.. so I coded it back to normal.
Name:  20200721_145208.jpg
Views: 5821
Size:  217.2 KB

I also took a screen shot of some of the other options available:
Attached Images

Last edited by knali8; 07-21-2020 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 02:33 AM   #52
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

[Ok. I managed to code in sports plus and it's working Name:  20200721_173518.jpg
Views: 5626
Size:  156.5 KB

I had to do an additional step under Body Domain Controller and changed that to sport expert. I also noticed the xtra boost function but I didn't code it in.. for now.
ATTACH]2369100[/ATTACH]

The drive:
Almost immediately I noticed that the downshift gearing is much faster (sport engine and transmission) I think the up shift is faster too.. what happens in sport plus is that it doesn't hold the gears for long like in normal sport mode (sport engine and transmission) also something else that I found a bit disappointing is that the bubbles are no longer there in sport Plus under deceleration..not sure why this is the case because the gear changes are lightning-fast maybe some other coding is required
Attached Images

Last edited by knali8; 07-21-2020 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 03:00 AM   #53
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
[Ok. I managed to code in sports plus and it's working Attachment 2369099

I had to do an additional step under Body Domain Controller and changed that to sport expert. I also noticed the xtra boost function but I didn't code it in.. for now.
ATTACH]2369100[/ATTACH]

The drive:
Almost immediately I noticed that the downshift gearing is much faster (sport engine and transmission) I think the up shift is faster too.. what happens in sport plus is that it doesn't hold the gears for long like in normal sport mode (sport engine and transmission) also something else that I found a bit disappointing is that the bubbles are no longer there in sport Plus under deceleration..not sure why this is the case because the gear changes are lightning-fast maybe some other coding is required
Excellent! Thanks for this, you have answered my question and it is as I thought, I need a better OBD adaptor because Vgate icar pro can't access Body Domain Controller. I'm ordering the uniscan today from Germany. 49 Euros plus postage, total 63 Euros.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 03:14 AM   #54
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Excellent! Thanks for this, you have answered my question and it is as I thought, I need a better OBD adaptor because Vgate icar pro can't access Body Domain Controller. I'm ordering the uniscan today from Germany. 49 Euros plus postage, total 63 Euros.
Cool.. I had the vgate as well and it worked fine for my f30 but bimmercode stopped supporting the vgate adapter that I had.

Uniscan is pretty good. Bimmercode recommends these ones for the f40
“UniCarScan“, “OBDLink” or ENET adapter

Also, sports plus has prominent rev matching on dowshifts. I reckon launch control will be faster.

Last edited by knali8; 07-21-2020 at 04:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 08:49 AM   #55
TH15BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series 320d Lux Touring

Foxy,,,,

Quote:
Just had some coding done on the car!

Video in motion

Video via USB

Change idrive Startup Emblem to BMW M

Enable Colder Air Conditioning

enable one touch front window close when when door opened

Emergency Brake Force Display - Flashing

Change startup mode to
Enable Comfort Plus Mode

Enable sports plus mode

Enable Comfort Plus Mode options in Eco Pro Individual

Change Dash Layout and Logo to BMW M

Enable tire temperature and pressure display

Enable one click 5 indicator blink option in Exterior Lighting setting

Bower & Wilkins settings.

These are not all settings, only the ones I picked.

Got to admit I was well impressed to say the least!

Sport+ mode is noticeably better than sport! Just had a thrash heading into work and totally loving it!
Who did ur coding
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 09:13 AM   #56
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH15BMW View Post
Quote:
Just had some coding done on the car!

Video in motion

Video via USB

Change idrive Startup Emblem to BMW M

Enable Colder Air Conditioning

enable one touch front window close when when door opened

Emergency Brake Force Display - Flashing

Change startup mode to
Enable Comfort Plus Mode

Enable sports plus mode

Enable Comfort Plus Mode options in Eco Pro Individual

Change Dash Layout and Logo to BMW M

Enable tire temperature and pressure display

Enable one click 5 indicator blink option in Exterior Lighting setting

Bower & Wilkins settings.

These are not all settings, only the ones I picked.

Got to admit I was well impressed to say the least!

Sport+ mode is noticeably better than sport! Just had a thrash heading into work and totally loving it!
Who did ur coding
ZedCoding mate
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #57
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
ZedCoding mate
I like your coding options I've pretty much done the same coding as you. I had coded in the M display but I found it a little dull colour wise so I took it off.

Do you get the M sports display when you are in sport mode?

Also, when I did an update about two months ago through the idrive system I lost all my settings and had to code them back in again
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 08:10 PM   #58
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
ZedCoding mate
I like your coding options I've pretty much done the same coding as you. I had coded in the M display but I found it a little dull colour wise so I took it off.

Also, when I did an update about two months ago through the idrive system I lost all my settings and had to code them back in again
I get the M display on all modes mate, my speedometer and rev counter has all changed.

I'll get a pic up of it
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #59
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ZedCoding mate

I get the M display on all modes mate, my speedometer and rev counter has all changed.

I'll get a pic up of it
This is my setup now mate
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 02:16 AM   #60
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Cool.. how are you finding the sports plus mode? I drove the car properly today and the difference between the sport and sport plus is evident. I don't have over run burbles when the engine is is sport plus though.
Appreciate 2
MrFoxy372.50
      07-22-2020, 02:38 AM   #61
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I tried the M dash but unfortunately the speedo numbers were too small for me without reading glasses. When my Uniscan arrives I'll also code in Comfort Plus, a few G20 owners have done this and are happy with it. Need to know what that Xtra Boost setting is also
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50
      07-22-2020, 04:32 AM   #62
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Cool.. how are you finding the sports plus mode? I drove the car properly today and the difference between the sport and sport plus is evident. I don't have over run burbles when the engine is is sport plus though.
I find Sport+ better than sport mate, I don't exactly know the entire change but the car feels different...sharper/gear changes when you're wringing it's neck are way better.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 04:33 AM   #63
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
I tried the M dash but unfortunately the speedo numbers were too small for me without reading glasses. When my Uniscan arrives I'll also code in Comfort Plus, a few G20 owners have done this and are happy with it. Need to know what that Xtra Boost setting is also
Definitely interested in this extra boost chat!! 😂 keep us posted on that mate
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 07:27 AM   #64
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I did code in comfort plus today but haven't had a chance to use it. I also coded in comfort plus steering for eco pro. I was tempted to code in xtra boost but I held back. Not sure how it will work with the racechip. Also It looks you might have to choose between xtra boost or sportexpert
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #65
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I find Sport+ better than sport mate, I don't exactly know the entire change but the car feels different...sharper/gear changes when you're wringing it's neck are way better.
Yep definitely much sharper. My individual sport setting is now.
Steering: Comfort
Engine: Sport
Transmission: Sport plus
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50
      07-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #66
Gregus330i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

My new unicarscan scanner arrived so I've coded Sport Plus and Comfort Plus. There a coding which gives you a graphic equaliser and various sound settings but these don't seem to work with the standard sound system, unless I need to code something additional.
I'll do some more research in expert mode when I'm off work and see what other interesting goodies I can find.

Last edited by Gregus330i; 07-30-2020 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50