BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2019, 11:08 PM   #23
Vik1292
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
From the majority of what I'm reading, it looks like the dealership waits for your permission, which is good.

Thanks for feedback everyone!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #24
weez
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Competition

Yep, dealer asked me and I said no. I was going to tell them to not put it on, but they asked before I even got the chance. Mine was bought off the lot in Chicago....luckily they don't put front plates on the car until they're sold. Since I live in a State that doesn't require a front plate it worked out nicely. I did notice that Audi dealerships around there seemed to all have front plates on the lot whereas BMW didn't.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 01:47 AM   #25
HollyM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i - on order!

No front plate here in Ohio, where it is required. I've never run one, ever, and my brother is a cop, who just rolls his eyes and sighs.

I've been stopped plenty, but I either talk my way out of it or pay the fine. There would never be enough fines paid for me to run a front plate and ruin the look of my vehicles, including my mint 2007 Suburban.

I made sure to call and e-mail the Performance Center, twice, once my pick up date was scheduled, to ensure they did not install a front plate bracket. I told them I would refuse delivery if the car had one mounted.
Appreciate 0