BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Problem module angeleyes + signal

05-11-2024, 03:53 PM   #1
danielandreiradu
BMW X1 48 LCI
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 LCI

Problem module angeleyes + signal

Car:** BMW X1 F48 LCI - September 2019
VIN NUMBER: WBA71AC0403L25548

Problem:**

The outer angel eye on the right headlight has a different colour.
The affected module is the angel eye and turn signal module - the one accessed under the right wheel arch.
The module and the fibre optic cable were both damaged.

Resolution so far:**

The fibre optic head has been polished and light is now passing through without problems.
The circuit board and LED area have been cleaned.

Problems after the first repair stage:**

After cleaning the LED area, I noticed that the LEDs are damaged. Some of the phosphor coating the LEDs is missing, causing them to emit a different colour - a whitish-blueish-purple.

Decision made:**

Replace the LED and turn signal module.

Here's where the problem comes in:
According to the headlight parts diagram, the module code is: 63 11 9477822. I purchased the product based on the code, but surprisingly, the module I received has a 9-pin connector, while my original module has an 8-pin connector.

Further discrepancies:
There's another difference between the two parts. The new module is manufactured by Valeo and has an internal code: B114294-D, while my original module has the code B114298-D. I can't find a module with 8 pins like mine anywhere. All distributors only have 9-pin modules. I've searched on OLX, pieseauto.ro, scrapyards, German websites, all parts websites, Aliexpress, Ebay, etc. There's only one used module available in Estonia, but I haven't received a response to my email.

Verification attempt:
In the meantime, I considered checking if the headlight part number matches the one on the diagram based on the chassis number, to ensure the module belongs to the headlight. This is where the second bad news comes in: I can't find my headlight code in the headlight list. I've searched based on car information, the module and headlight together - nothing found. Similarly, searching by part number yielded no results - it's as if this headlight doesn't exist. However, I did find the headlight model on Ebay and some Polish websites.

So, am I making a mistake somewhere? Is it the part number?

Can anyone who works at BMW or in auto parts help me find a module with internal code Valeo B114298-D and 8 pins, not the 9-pin ones available everywhere online? Alternatively, can someone provide me with the correct part number for this module? Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Pictures attached:

How the headlight looks - colour difference.
My original module.
The new module I ordered.
Headlight code.
Module diagram.
Headlight diagram.

Sorry for my english
Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0