THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Classifieds Members Classifieds Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover 2017 M240i RWD 8AT (Mineral White/Coral Red, 81K Miles)

04-30-2024, 11:59 PM   #1
PremK
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M240i

2017 M240i RWD 8AT (Mineral White/Coral Red, 81K Miles)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 24,395.00

Item Interest
Edit: Current mileage is ~80,800, payoff has been sent and BMWFS is sending the lien release.
Purchased the vehicle in January 2022 CPO from United BMW at ~45k miles. 85% of the miles are highway driving while commuting to classes, but has seen two autocross events and one HPDE at AMP under my ownership.

Options:
- A96 Mineral White Metallic
- LCL5 Coral Red Dakota Leather
- ZCW Cold Weather Package
- ZDA Driving Assistance Package
- ZDB Driving Assistance Plus
- 609 Navigation System

Modifications:
- Dinan Exhaust (Axleback + Midpipe) (Installed by previous owner)
- CS Style Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Installed at 59k miles)
- M-Performance style front "fangs" (Installed at 64k miles)
- Bilstein B14 Coilovers with 12.5mm front/15mm rear spacers (Installed at 65k miles, original shocks included)
- Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 Octane Tune (Installed at 66k miles)
- LCI Taillights (Installed at 74k miles)

Coding/Miscellaneous:
- Fullscreen Wireless CarPlay by kubax86
- ID6 "Lite"
- EDC is currently coded out for the coilovers
- Rennline Phone Mount
- Currently have a hardwired dashcam, but will be removed
- Continental DWS06 Plus in stock sizes, installed around 65k miles. Will try to get tread life measurements.

Car has been extremely reliable over the course of my ownership and I have never seen a single error or check engine light during my ownership. Only thing other than maintenance was the common parking brake clip failure, which was replaced this month. Average fuel consumption since 11/22 is 23.4 mpg (tracked on Fuelio)

Only significant damage is on the front bumper. Other than that, the paint and body is in 8/10 condition with no major scuffs or dents. The interior is in 8/10 condition with minimal bolster wear. No smoking and have only had people in the rear seats a handful of times. Clean Carfax with no reported accidents.

There is currently a lien with BMWFS, but the balance will be paid off this week, will update the post when the title gets released.

Please feel free to ask for any additional information or pictures! This car has given me loads of joy over the past two years, but as I work remotely now and moved to a city, I don't find enough opportunities to drive the car like it should nowadays. Would love to see it go to another enthusiast who can enjoy it like I did! PPI's are welcome at the buyers expense.

Edit: Full CarFax Report included in the Drive link and at the bottom of the post. Most of the maintenance items under my ownership are listed in the second to last image and not reported to CarFax as they were performed DIY with the help of a very knowledgeable friend on his lift after the CPO Warranty ended.

Full Photo Album + Exhaust Video

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf M240i-BuildSheet.pdf (54.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf M240i-Carfax.pdf (430.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by PremK; 05-09-2024 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Updated mileage and description
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 03:59 PM   #2
domoBMR
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

Damn, this is almost exactly what ive been looking for as far as m240i goes! Owned it for 2 years and close to 40k miles, that's a lot of time spent behind the wheel. Anything you've noticed that bothers you in that time? Shame about the front bumper, what was the cause?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 06:58 PM   #3
PremK
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domoBMR View Post
Damn, this is almost exactly what ive been looking for as far as m240i goes! Owned it for 2 years and close to 40k miles, that's a lot of time spent behind the wheel. Anything you've noticed that bothers you in that time? Shame about the front bumper, what was the cause?
Honestly has been quite a sublime ownership experience. After adding CarPlay, it feels modern enough for my taste to eat miles on my highway commutes while still being nimble and engaging whenever I get to more fun roads. The B58 isn't perfect, but I feel lucky that I've had no real issues these last two years. Is it as engaging as an F87? No, but considering the delta in price between the two, I think the M235i/M240i's are a great value for someone looking for ~70% of the fun of the M2 while being pretty reliable and achieving decent MPG.

The damage on the center of the front bumper I believe to be someone backing up into the car while I was street parked for a dinner. I got some quotes on getting it resprayed, but a few days later I ended up going over a massive pothole in a parking lot at night going 3-4 MPH causing the crack in the splitter fang on the passenger side. At that point I figured I would keep the bumper as is instead of investing money on getting it fixed and having similar things happen again living in a city. Obviously not a great look for the car, but I would rather discount the selling price of the vehicle and let the next owner decide which shop they'd be comfortable with doing the job of reconditioning if they choose to do so.

Last edited by PremK; 05-01-2024 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2024, 07:37 PM   #4
PremK
United_States
Rep

Bump, updated mileage and lien payoff status
Appreciate 1