BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-14-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

V1 Connection Android app sucks....YaV1, however, DOES NOT.

You still can't even use portrait mode in the OEM V1 app....even after the most recent update! YaV1, however, is the SH*T. Figure that I'm not the only one hating the V1 Connection app, so I'm sharing.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....franckyl.yav1

Quote:
Improve your Situational Awareness with:
* 3 View types - a classic V1 style, a detailed frequency Alerts view, and a Filtered view that allows you to set your own criteria
* Onscreen speed and bearing display
* SAVVY emulation to automatically silence any alerts below a specified speed limit
* GPS-based lockouts to permanently ignore known falses
* Drift adjustable dynamically while running
* Define your own "In The Box" frequency ranges for high-priority alerts, display filters, or automute parameters
* Voice alerts enabled per defined box
* Set your own sounds for audio alerts on your phone
* Background mode can display an overlay view with alert on top of other foreground applications
* Log your alerts and export them into Google Maps for later review or to match them up with footage from a dashcam

Fine-tune your Valentine One:
* Create and manage Profiles of V1 settings that can be pushed to the V1 with the tap of a button
* Enable European mode and configure Custom Sweeps to maximize your reactivity to threats specific to your region

This pre-release version of YaV1 comes with all features enabled, and more features and capabilities will continue to be added. The final release may make some features an inexpensive IAP upgrade.

For best results, pair your phone to your V1Connection prior to launching YaV1.
V1 needs to hire this guy to clean up their joke of an app. I'll gladly pay a few bucks for this if/when he starts to charge.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

I would love if someone made a HUD version of the V1 remote display. This seems like a solid baseline for that happening.
      11-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
I would love if someone made a HUD version of the V1 remote display. This seems like a solid baseline for that happening.
I would think that w/the E60 and F10 HUDs, this might be possible.

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #4
alee0729
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2018 Tesla 3 Perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I would think that w/the E60 and F10 HUDs, this might be possible.
I'm thinking something a bit more generic that with a piece of windshield film and a small projected display would accomplish the same goal for every car.

Garmin makes a HUD nav now... would be nice if the aftermarket made some cool projected displays.