BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Rear Cup Holder Jam

My kids pointed out to me today that the cup holder in the rear armrest was jammed. I could not get it to open so I took it apart. There is a cover on the tray door that pops off and two torx screws to remove the assembly. I fully expected to find a lego or some foreign object stuck in the mechanism. The only thing I found was a small white plastic roller that is 1/2 long and about 5/16 in diameter. It doesn't have a hole for a shaft and didn't appear to mount to anything. I left it out because it did not appear to have any place for it to fit in the tray mechanism.

Anyway, I put everything back together and the damn thing is still jammed. I can get it to open by fiddling with it but it does not open like it should. I have searched around for a diagram but can't find anything. The closest drawing I can find is of the pass through door just behind the armrest.

Has anybody else taken theirs apart before and gotten it to work? It seems like a trivial thing to take it in for service but it is bugging me.

Thanks in advance.
      10-21-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
We got rear cup holders?!?!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 05:23 AM   #3
sg///M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
We got rear cup holders?!?!
I think only the sedans have them. Not the coupes.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

Well you have a warranty, have them give you a new one. Sounds like a pain in the ass just for a cup holder tho

Just tell the kids to not drink in the car anymore. They're the ones who broke it anyway so is in order
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
Well you have a warranty, have them give you a new one. Sounds like a pain in the ass just for a cup holder tho

Just tell the kids to not drink in the car anymore. They're the ones who broke it anyway so is in order
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #6
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

I should have mentioned I have the sedan.

No food or drinks for them in the car and only bottled water for the adults. They just use the armrest and cupholder to put stuff on. Not a big deal, I just am frustrated I couldn't fix it. Let me know if anybody knows where to find a drawing of the cup holder tray. Otherwise, I will have the dealer look at it next time it needs service.