BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-07-2021, 12:18 AM   #23
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
It's total horseshit the side vents aren't included in the exterior carbon package
Definitely agree there.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #24
Rick955
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
It's total horseshit the side vents aren't included in the exterior carbon package
The whole CF package is BS. If they included CF for all the side skirts and other polished black pieces, side vents, etc... then maybe, but $4700 is just a waste of $$ for what they include and just pads their pockets. Aftermarket will have these at a fraction of the cost and likely have many more options and variations too. Just save your $ and wait for aftermarket. As others have pointed out, the Exec Pkg has numerous items that are useful and you can't add most of them later. The CF seats are another profit center for them. Yes, they look really great but you already pay for perfectly good looking, comfortable seats... you can even add ventilation if you want, lol. If you track it then I guess it's a big positive for you but I'm not going to track it so no way will I pay the absurd $3800 premium and two pieces of CF I'll never see. BMW really for everyone that buys these options because their cost is minimal! LOL Hey, they keep giving us these great cars at very reasonable base prices... but they go way too overboard with some of these options. Even the CF Trim used to be standard on the F8x's. vs $950 now, but they added the paddle shifters and steering wheel inlays in CF...quite nice. At least they still gave us the CF roof! They could have easily mashed that into the CF package too I guess. LOL

Last edited by Rick955; 03-07-2021 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #25
High Octane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiebones View Post
HUD for 6MT is a f***ing gamechanger......I'll never get a car without a HUD again.
I used to think the HUD was always a thing that would be cool to have, but not really needed.

Then when I bought a '21 Supra last year that had the HUD... I'm in love with it. While it wouldn't be a complete deal breaker, I absolutely love having it.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #26
fl1by
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80, Raptor, STI and C8

I just finished looking over my G80, and I was frustrated for a long time not being able to order the CF exterior (early order and wasn't even available, or were the prices). Now I am not; the gloss black matches all of the other exterior pieces... The grill isn't CF so it won't match the rest. The HUD is excellent, and the laser lights are a no brainer. I might in the future get a CF deck lid spoiler, but I'm very happy with the PB -full leather - Executive Package extreme Grand Touring G80 Competition. 35 hour and counting until I'm on the road to Charleston, SC.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #27
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Everyone's gotta stop talking me into getting all these options 🤣 I was all set on just getting the carbon interior bits
Appreciate 1
m4lex58.50
      03-13-2021, 04:38 PM   #28
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

All I really want is the front carbon fiber portion below the grille, as I think that looks much better than the mesh there. Well, I do like the more aggressive rear diffuser in CF too. But not a dealbreaker. But the front lower CF pieces are almost deal breakers for me, but the $4700 is just ridiculous.

I'm sure these front lower CF peices will be sold separately eventually by the aftermarket or BMW. I'm tempted to wait and just forego the CF exterior package. We'll see. It will likely come down to whether I can find a dealer anywhere willing to budge off the MSRP.

For me, the Executive Package is definite must have, while the CF exterior is just a "must have" because I REALLY want those front lower CF pieces instead of the mesh. I don't mind body-colored mirrors and rear spoiler.
Appreciate 1
Rick955458.50
      03-13-2021, 11:58 PM   #29
Lord_uzi2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 pure stage 2 f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Going for carbon bits and the peasant headlamps? No way jose. The difference in appearance between base lights and DRLs and laser lights with larger DRLs is massive. The base lights are an eyesore in comparison and shouldn't even be fitted on an M car.

Carbon pack depends on exterior color IMO. I don't think the dark colors benefit as much while the lighter colors really are enhanced by the carbon pieces.
Quote:
Going for carbon bits and the peasant headlamps? No way jose. The difference in appearance between base lights and DRLs and laser lights with larger DRLs is massive. The base lights are an eyesore in comparison and shouldn't even be fitted on an M car.

Carbon pack depends on exterior color IMO. I don't think the dark colors benefit as much while the lighter colors really are enhanced by the carbon pieces.

i made this mistake myself and regret it!! My car will be ready on April 1st, if only i had known the exec comes with the Laser lights 😭 anyone know how much these will cost to add on after???
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 02:37 AM   #30
NinjaBum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Java Green F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_uzi2 View Post
i made this mistake myself and regret it!! My car will be ready on April 1st, if only i had known the exec comes with the Laser lights 😭 anyone know how much these will cost to add on after???
If it's anything like the cost of replacing exec headlamps on the F8x you're in for some pain. Probably cost what the executive package option would have cost to get the full modules I'd imagine (maybe more). That or you can wait a bit and maybe salvage some off of a wreck. Being so new I'd think dealer or one of the OEM vendors on here are your main route.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 03:14 AM   #31
Hachima
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
2022 BMW X3M  [0.00]
2016 BMW 340Xi  [0.00]
I enjoy many of the features that the executive package comes with, heated steering wheel and HUD being my top favorites (I'm on my 3rd BMW with the HUD and I could never go back). These are things that can be difficult to upgrade to in the aftermarket or even OEM.

There are CF options that I like better than the OEM options and some are even easy enough that they can be DIY projects or an easy install by a shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #32
MJO316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 '17 i8

Quote:

Quote:

I looked it up. It says icon adaptive Led headlight with laser light. Not being laser will make a huge difference I had them on my i8. But I'm assuming similar to the previous Gen M3? The no remote start is non starter for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 02:54 PM   #33
MJO316
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 '17 i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_uzi2 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

i made this mistake myself and regret it!! My car will be ready on April 1st, if only i had known the exec comes with the Laser lights 😭 anyone know how much these will cost to add on after???[/QUOTE]

Laser headlamps? After my accident in the i8 I looked at the parts bill $5,000 each lamp. I would say more than is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:06 PM   #34
mmckenzie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3 6MT (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOrtiz316 View Post
Laser headlamps? After my accident in the i8 I looked at the parts bill $5,000 each lamp. I would say more than is worth it.[/QUOTE]

You don't need the Exec Package to get the Laser Lights - they are standard.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:16 PM   #35
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmckenzie View Post
Laser headlamps? After my accident in the i8 I looked at the parts bill $5,000 each lamp. I would say more than is worth it.
You don't need the Exec Package to get the Laser Lights - they are standard.[/QUOTE]

Laser Lights are ONLY a part of the Exec Package in the USA. Otherwise, you get the standard lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 02:58 PM   #36
mmckenzie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Laser Lights are ONLY a part of the Exec Package in the USA. Otherwise, you get the standard lights.
Not true. I'm in NJ and ordered the car back in Dec without the Exec Package and noticed in the spec sheet that the Laser Lights were included no charge which I was pleasantly surprised by. I was actually doubtful if this was accurate but when I got the delivery last weekend this was indeed accurate
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1514.50
      03-19-2021, 03:07 PM   #37
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Not true. I'm in NJ and ordered the car back in Dec without the Exec Package and noticed in the spec sheet that the Laser Lights were included no charge which I was pleasantly surprised by. I was actually doubtful if this was accurate but when I got the delivery last weekend this was indeed accurate
sir we need more pics of your spec ! :P
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #38
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I stand corrected. Do you have the full daytime running lights, or are they just underneath the lights? Can you take a pic with the DRLs on?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:08 PM   #39
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I think the executive pkg has ADAPTIVE laser lights
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 10:56 PM   #40
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
I think the executive pkg has ADAPTIVE laser lights
You can see in the photo a couple of posts back that the person who didn't order the exec pkg still got the adaptive led laser headlights and his spec sheet even has the same code as those that did order the exec pkg.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
rak299602.00
      03-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #41
rak299
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 6MT

I missed that. I ordered the package for HUD and wireless charging
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 05:37 AM   #42
mmckenzie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Thanks, I stand corrected. Do you have the full daytime running lights, or are they just underneath the lights? Can you take a pic with the DRLs on?
Here's one I took yesterday
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Scorp!on1514.50
chicagofan0019254.00
      03-22-2021, 07:05 AM   #43
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

so smalls fomo not getting the exterior carbon pack given the carbon package in canada (exterior carbon + carbon inlays + carbon buckets) is bit of a steal at 8.5k cad. I do love the looks of the carbon lower grill insert and the carbon diffuser!

Since I'm already spec'ing the seats and the inlays, the exterior package itself is 3k extra, but they are not must haves cuz ultimately, you dont stare at those bits when you are driving unlike the gizmos in exec pack or prem pack in canada IMO for cad pricing, at 3k for the exterior carbon or 4k for full leather, i'd have splurged on the latter
      03-22-2021, 07:21 AM   #44
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Wow, that’s pretty fortunate.

I wonder if this might have something to do with the chip shortage that’s effective many industries including automotive. Obviously either type of light will require some electronics but perhaps they are trying to carefully manage whatever parts are already produced.
Appreciate 0