BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Remote 3d view iDrive 6 not working - anyone else?

04-24-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

As the subject says, anyone having issues getting remote 3d view to work with iDrive 6? I've tried disabling and reenabling the remote 3d view and tracking, etc settings in iDrive. I keep getting a data communication error in the bmw connected app and the mybmw app says to check my battery voltage. However that's not the issue, battery is perfectly fine and has 12.5V at rest (car off) and doesn't drop below 12V while starting.

My iDrive 7 car works OK.

My iDrive 6 car has firmware V which was iStep upgraded about 6 months ago.

I had this same nonsense when I took delivery and it magically started working about a month later. Been working since until yesterday/today.
      04-28-2021, 10:27 AM   #2
Mrcook23
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW I5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
As the subject says, anyone having issues getting remote 3d view to work with iDrive 6? I've tried disabling and reenabling the remote 3d view and tracking, etc settings in iDrive. I keep getting a data communication error in the bmw connected app and the mybmw app says to check my battery voltage. However that's not the issue, battery is perfectly fine and has 12.5V at rest (car off) and doesn't drop below 12V while starting.

My iDrive 7 car works OK.

My iDrive 6 car has firmware V which was iStep upgraded about 6 months ago.

I had this same nonsense when I took delivery and it magically started working about a month later. Been working since until yesterday/today.
I called them cause mine also stopped working. I was told the the option is not available and they don't know when it will be. I noticed after i upgraded to the new MYBMW app.
It's completely removed from the app.
Appreciate 1
1badTKE23.50
      04-28-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcook23 View Post
I called them cause mine also stopped working. I was told the the option is not available and they don't know when it will be. I noticed after i upgraded to the new MYBMW app.
It's completely removed from the app.
I tried mine today with the old app and it tried but didn't work.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #4
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks all. I've got a case open with bmw assist so let's see what they come back with.

I suggest you also call and have them open a case for your VIN.

For me, Remote 3d view shows up in the new mybmw app, but errors out suggesting I have a low battery. Duh.
      04-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #5
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i; 2017 540ix

Quote:
Thanks all. I've got a case open with bmw assist so let's see what they come back with.

For me, Remote 3d view shows up in the new mybmw app, but errors out suggesting I have a low battery. Duh.
Lucky you. The option doesn't even appear in my app AND the option is not under Data Privacy any longer in my car to initiate. I've had a case open with BMW for 2 days now. Have tried everything myself short of deleting all personal data from the car. Will wait for BMW to give me some type of answer.
Appreciate 1
claykin1590.50
      04-28-2021, 09:27 PM   #6
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badTKE View Post
Quote:

Lucky you. The option doesn't even appear in my app AND the option is not under Data Privacy any longer in my car to initiate. I've had a case open with BMW for 2 days now. Have tried everything myself short of deleting all personal data from the car. Will wait for BMW to give me some type of answer.
Maybe your car needs an iStep upgrade to work around a bug?
      04-28-2021, 09:48 PM   #7
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Nope. Had that done over a month ago due to a phone connectivity issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 03:03 AM   #8
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Check that all privacy options are ticked in iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 06:12 AM   #9
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But, was the remote 3d view showing up as an option in iDrive before the last iStep upgrade? In your case, you may need to get car back into dealer for them to sort out the missing feature in iDrive.
      04-29-2021, 06:58 AM   #10
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But, was the remote 3d view showing up as an option in iDrive before the last iStep upgrade? In your case, you may need to get car back into dealer for them to sort out the missing feature in iDrive.
I'm not sure how many times I need to say the same thing to people. YES. I am not sure how ignorant people seem to think I am without even knowing me. Like all of a sudden I forgot how to use technology I've been using for 4 years on my car. I've already gone this round with BMW. That's why they have a ticket in play. I believe it is a screw up with my Connected Renewal and that there is a glitch on their side of the table.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #11
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure how many times I need to say the same thing to people. YES. I am not sure how ignorant people seem to think I am without even knowing me. Like all of a sudden I forgot how to use technology I've been using for 4 years on my car. I've already gone this round with BMW. That's why they have a ticket in play. I believe it is a screw up with my Connected Renewal and that there is a glitch on their side of the table.
Yo, chill. Just trying to help. I have no Idea how tech savvy you are or are not. If you're clear, you'll get clear replies from most people here. If you're expecting us to read your mind, then rant on about your knowledge, you're not going to make many friends here.

Good luck to you.
      04-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #12
LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Clay's point still stands as a valid question though. From discussions on the forum surrounding what happened with cars like mine who were missing the option when I took deliver in 2019 that needed a software fix to restore. A portion of it is the car's software and another portion is the BMW servers "knowing" what options your car has. If the option's list on BMW servers aren't right a dealer visit to "update the software" and refresh it is basically the only solution.

If the problem started after your I-Step upgrade then likely that's the problem. BMW servers no longer think you have the surround view cameras that you have. You can easily "check" this by looking in the app and seeing if it lists the option as being possible on your car.

Obviously, the problem could also be purely on their servers, but we're all just regulars trying to help each other out.

Name:  IMG_1803.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  55.4 KB

BMW will let you spin around with a case and no accurate details for a while. They did the with me when I was missing it on my car as I mentioned earlier.

"Do you have the feature?" Yes.
"Oh, yes I see that here. We'll open a case" OK... Weeks later no resolution. Solution was revealed here on the forums...

Same song and dance when there was an outage until it just started working again...

Quote:
Yo, chill. Just trying to help. I have no Idea how tech savvy you are or are not. If you're clear, you'll get clear replies from most people here. If you're expecting us to read your mind, then rant on about your knowledge, you're not going to make many friends here.

Good luck to you.
Well said!
Appreciate 2
claykin1590.50
      05-01-2021, 07:36 AM   #13
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck to you.
But if I've stated that BMW has a ticket and is trying to figure it out. And that I've followed all of the "contacts" and proper protocol in dealing with the issue…what more do I need to say. BMW still has yet to get back to me on a fix 7 days later….if it's on their end then as has been suggested "they" need to fix it.

@LogicalApex. I understand what he's saying and I've also commented on that other forum post to which you reference. Again if BMW created the issue as it what appears to be the case then they need to communicate better and rectify their issue. Nothing I can do from my end.

And thanks everyone for jumping back down my throat while telling me not to jump down throats. I'm allowed frustration on my end as well—have been dealing with this for well over a week now.

So… thanks for support or no support. Either way.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #14
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Mine stopped working properly a few months ago. Some times the mirrors wouldn't open, other times it wouldn't work at all. Dealer found a fault code related to the connected drive function and reprogrammed the car. It has been working fine since.

And for those who say that the 3D view is no longer available on the new MY BMW app, it is there. Scroll to the right where it says "Vehicle Finder".
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #15
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrider01 View Post
Mine stopped working properly a few months ago. Some times the mirrors wouldn't open, other times it wouldn't work at all. Dealer found a fault code related to the connected drive function and reprogrammed the car. It has been working fine since.

And for those who say that the 3D view is no longer available on the new MY BMW app, it is there. Scroll to the right where it says "Vehicle Finder".
Quite possible as mine was last reprogrammed in January. I might not have used the remote 3d view since then. So, it seems I may be back to the dealer for another iStep reprogram. Fix one thing, break two more..... So annoying!
      05-06-2021, 12:45 AM   #16
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
So I just recently renewed my connected subscription and exact same thing happened to me. I do not see it in data privacy on idrive and it removed remote 3d view from both apps. I will also open a ticket but any update? This sucks as no update was done to car and it was working just yesterday.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 01:17 AM   #17
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Clay's point still stands as a valid question though. From discussions on the forum surrounding what happened with cars like mine who were missing the option when I took deliver in 2019 that needed a software fix to restore. A portion of it is the car's software and another portion is the BMW servers "knowing" what options your car has. If the option's list on BMW servers aren't right a dealer visit to "update the software" and refresh it is basically the only solution.

If the problem started after your I-Step upgrade then likely that's the problem. BMW servers no longer think you have the surround view cameras that you have. You can easily "check" this by looking in the app and seeing if it lists the option as being possible on your car.

Obviously, the problem could also be purely on their servers, but we're all just regulars trying to help each other out.

Attachment 2591869

BMW will let you spin around with a case and no accurate details for a while. They did the with me when I was missing it on my car as I mentioned earlier.

"Do you have the feature?" Yes.
"Oh, yes I see that here. We'll open a case" OK... Weeks later no resolution. Solution was revealed here on the forums...

Same song and dance when there was an outage until it just started working again...

Well said!
This also seems to coincide with me upgrading to the new crapper My BMW app. I also renewed my connected drive contract yesterday as well. What is weird is it pulled Remote 3D view from both the old Connected app and the new My Drive app today as I have a remote view recorded just yesterday! In the old Connected app it does not show the "remote 3D View" under features as you mentioned above but it did yesterday in the app under Schedule Ventilate as I was comparing the new app to the old. Here is the crazy thing, yesterday the remote 3D view feature worked in both the old and new app when I was testing. When I check the Features in my app now the only feature I no longer have since yesterday is the Feature called 'See Your Vehicle's Surroundings' which I assume was the 3d view. Nothing changed on my car software wise so I am hoping this can be fixed on their server.

Before

After

Last edited by Supacat; 05-06-2021 at 01:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 09:43 AM   #18
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Just an update, ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care answered and resolved the issue for me super fast. I sent them an email last night before going to bed and this morning I had an email back with a resolution! Logged into the app and it is working again!

Email recieved back.
"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

Your account has been refreshed for R360. Please log off from App and Portal and then log in again to refresh systems."
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #19
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
Just an update, ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care answered and resolved the issue for me super fast. I sent them an email last night before going to bed and this morning I had an email back with a resolution! Logged into the app and it is working again!

Email recieved back.
"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

Your account has been refreshed for R360. Please log off from App and Portal and then log in again to refresh systems."
Was your issue same as mine? When using the new mybmw app it wouldn't go past step 1 (waking up car) and would error out saying "battery might be too low"?

If so, which email address did you send your request to? I have an open case with bmw assist for a week with no resolution.
      05-06-2021, 11:58 AM   #20
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

After comparing the old app with the new app, I do see one feature not there and it was useful to me but not a show stopper. That feature was the Honk horn feature. It helped me with finding the car in a big parking lot. Apparently, for some reason it has been discontinued in the new app (I can still use it for now in the old Connected app). Not sure why they would remove it but just recieved the below from support. At least my Remote 3D view works now

"This feature has been removed from the new App. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide your feedback via the new App. (MyBMW)

Under profile - Go to App Info - Send feedback."
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #21
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Was your issue same as mine? When using the new mybmw app it wouldn't go past step 1 (waking up car) and would error out saying "battery might be too low"?

If so, which email address did you send your request to? I have an open case with bmw assist for a week with no resolution.
No, my problem was like 1badTKE's above where the feature disappeared from the app.
I sent my email to the usual customercare@bmwassist.com.
Appreciate 2
claykin1590.50
1badTKE23.50
      05-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #22
1badTKE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
Quote:

No, my problem was like 1badTKE's above where the feature disappeared from the app.
I sent my email to the usual customercare@bmwassist.com.
BMW NA FINALLY responded to the ticket yesterday…. (Had been opened since 4/26). And ….drumroll….. I will need to take the car back to a dealership and have them RE-install the newly flashed iDrive software "again" in the hopes that "it should fix" the issue.

According to the BMW Assist supervisor and Genius Rep (as of my phone call yesterday afternoon with them both) all of my iDrive software is current (I already knew this) and my connect subscription is current (also knew this). Seems to be a "weird glitch" that has been occurring randomly (at least according to them) when renewing a subscription. Not sure how or why it occurs but… technology. Got to love it!!

So back to BMW I will go next week for another iDrive system reset….always Such fun reprogramming the entire car each time. Lol.

I will keep everyone posted if this fixes the issue next week.
Appreciate 0