BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

01-27-2021, 04:39 PM   #1
greaseham
Rep
Drives: X1 (U11) 23i Xdrive M-Sport

Garage List
F40 Door Brakes Freezing

Hi all!

Just joined the group and was hoping to get some advise on an issue on both mine and my wife's 1 Series F40s.

Both are pretty much new (mine is just 3 weeks old). However, we've both noticed the door brakes in the front doors icing which stops the doors opening more than 8-10".

Has anyone else experienced this. The dealer we bought the cars from say the usual "haven't seen that before", but I find that hard to believe given that both of our cars are affected.

G
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:08 PM   #2
MrFoxy
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i. G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greaseham View Post
Hi all!

Just joined the group and was hoping to get some advise on an issue on both mine and my wife's 1 Series F40s.

Both are pretty much new (mine is just 3 weeks old). However, we've both noticed the door brakes in the front doors icing which stops the doors opening more than 8-10".

Has anyone else experienced this. The dealer we bought the cars from say the usual "haven't seen that before", but I find that hard to believe given that both of our cars are affected.

G
Not had that mate and I live in Scotland, my cars been at -4 after work and door was slightly stiff but that's it. Get on to your dealership and don't back down, something is up with your doors
Appreciate 0