E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I gotta say bye bye, but it's been fun!

05-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
rhodesman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I gotta say bye bye, but it's been fun!

So as some might know from a previous thread I started and another I was commenting in, I sold my 335 due to mechanical issues.

The car was in and out of the service department more than I liked. Maybe less than others but more than I was happy to deal with. I traded her in for an STi, 5 door hatch. I have always loved the look of this car and felt it was more "me". My wife agreed with me and said to get it. I can't be happier!!

Although I will say, I really DO understand why 335 owners put up with so much shit from the cars, when they work great they are fantastic! I had a really hard time giving up the keys, driving to the Subie dealer was a blast and the 335 was performing above par. It actually felt as fast as when it had the JB4 tune in it, which probably means the DV's were a problem for quite some time. But alas, someone will buy it and enjoy the amazing-ness which is the N54 engine (when it's working right).

Also although the creature comforts were more than ample, I'm actually happy to be in a car thats more "raw". I love the notchy manual gearbox, the noisier interior which amplifies the BOV noise 10 fold, and I like the more simple interior. I don't know why, but I just do. I guess for me the 335 was more a parents car (which I am one) but the STi brings me back to my teenage and early 20's and makes me feel like a kid again, and for that I have a smile ear to ear.

So thank you for all the great info, conversations and arguments, there is a lot of good info in this forum (once you get past all the crappy complaining and junk of which I contributed). I wish you all the best and who knows, maybe I'll find my way back to BMW. However, the wounds are still a little too fresh so I'm not sure how likely that will be at this time.

Good luck everyone and enjoy your cars, life is too short to focus on the crap; take a deep breath, smile and just know if you find me on the highway, you'll beat me, but in the corners, I got AWD and weight on my side

-Jason

Mods: JB4, Trebila Custom tune, FBO, Fuel-It Stg2 LPFP, Berk Street Performance w/ Berk Resonated Midpipes, & lots of little body/OEM+ mods
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Bought my winter set from Subaru senior tech. He had 335i which was always in shop. He said STIs are reliable cars...

I almost bought one myself, but buyer backed out....and later I could not deal which the cheap interior anymore....I was still looking around for their CRAZY STI sale to come around....but I dont think it did < back in 08 they had $8,500 off MSRP on STIs !!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #3
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg

Subaru is a great car. I had two of them ('02 WRX and '04 Sti) and miss them both!
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0