BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Sprintbooster = fantastic!

:roundel: G'day, I picked u my 135 manual last week, and whilst happy with it overall, I thought the throttle response was pretty poor.

Well, mo more! Andrew from BMSouth fitted one for me yesterday and the result is AMAZING! I have not stopped grinning yet...

By the way, Andrew is a great guy and I can recommend both him and the Sprintbooster wholeheartedly. Totally trasforms the car.

Got to say, I'm a bit pissed off at BMW for deliberately dialing in this poor throttle lag in such a powerful car but I guess they need to pander to the lowest common denominator, as Andrew said.

Just one other minor gripe- I cannot get any warm air from the centre vents when using the heater- warm air comes from the top of the dashboard and the floor but no matter what temp I set it on, only cold air comes from the center vents. From what I can see, you can vary th e airfow to the vents but not the temp.

The BMW steelership thinks that this might be a deliberate design from BMW so that warm air does not flow onto a driver's face making them sleepy! Sound a little odd to me..

Are any of you guys able to get warm air out of your centre vents?? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Qube
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 540 :: 09 STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim135AUS View Post
:roundel: G'day, I picked u my 135 manual last week, and whilst happy with it overall, I thought the throttle response was pretty poor.

Well, mo more! Andrew from BMSouth fitted one for me yesterday and the result is AMAZING! I have not stopped grinning yet...

By the way, Andrew is a great guy and I can recommend both him and the Sprintbooster wholeheartedly. Totally trasforms the car.

Got to say, I'm a bit pissed off at BMW for deliberately dialing in this poor throttle lag in such a powerful car but I guess they need to pander to the lowest common denominator, as Andrew said.

Just one other minor gripe- I cannot get any warm air from the centre vents when using the heater- warm air comes from the top of the dashboard and the floor but no matter what temp I set it on, only cold air comes from the center vents. From what I can see, you can vary th e airfow to the vents but not the temp.

The BMW steelership thinks that this might be a deliberate design from BMW so that warm air does not flow onto a driver's face making them sleepy! Sound a little odd to me..

Are any of you guys able to get warm air out of your centre vents?? :iono:
I got warm air from center vents on both the 135 coupe and 128 vert. They are lying
      06-24-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

I noticed something similar on mine but found if I cranked it all the way on it would get hot right at the top.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
AussieRacer
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

You'll only get warm air by cranking it up or taking it off auto mode.

Personally I like it, as I prefer a cool breeze in my face, whilst keeping everything else warm.

PLus not that cold in Melb at the moment....
      06-24-2008, 08:18 PM   #5
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Congratulations Bim135AUS! Pleased to hear reports from another Aussie taking delivery. Very interesting comments about the throttle response and that a simple solution is so easily available.
      06-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Congrats on the new car! I agree with you about Andrew and the sprint booster! What I like most about Andrew is that he is a real Bimmer enthusiast and knows all about our cars. I know that I can trust him with my car. (Ok that doesn't give you permission to charge me more now Andrew!)
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

The throttle lag is for the non enthusiast crowd. Remember they aren't making their cars 'just' for the enthusiast as we're only a tiny part in the market.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #8
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Congrats on the car AW with coral red intererior, wow sounds yummie :smile:

And another happy sprint booster customer, this seems like the must have little mod :smile:
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #9
Bim135AUS
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

Thanks for the congrats, guys. I'm prety chuffed with the car.

I had a 335I auto which I traded in for this 135I and whilst a lot of people thought I was crazy- this car leaves th 335 for dead- and that was not exactly slow!

Any other answers to my question in my original post re the cold air from the centre vents?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #10
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Hey Bim135AUS

Glad you made it to the boards.

When i fit the Sprint boosters i always try to get in the passenger seat and i position myself so as i can see the owners face when they accelerate away. Way made me laugh with his big face grin :biggrin: but Bim135AUS was laughing like the joker out of batman movie, it took the whole road test for him to stop laughing......Ha Ha Ha Ha. He even rang a few hours later saying how much he loved it.

Gotta love that. :wink:

If any-one would like a try before you buy 135i with Sprint Booster let me know, i'd be happy to help

You guys wait until the Tuning is finialised....(Active aren't very PROactive with it at the moment, hopefully soon) These cars will be rocket ships.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 06:23 AM   #11
andrew@southernBM
Rep

P.S The Coral looks sensational
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 07:16 AM   #12
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Just to clarify, these sprint boosters are a moot point if you get a flash (eg sharkedit) down the track as the throttle mapping can all be redone at the same time right?

Sounds like a great mod but don't want to throw money at something that will be wasted when I get a flash down the track...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #13
andrew@southernBM
Rep

I don't know the answer to that question, i hear what you are saying, maybe just wait until the edit comes out and is tested, have you someone to set up the tune in Sydney?
Appreciate 0