BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

09-10-2019, 04:13 PM   #1
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
F40 release date/availability in Norway?

Hi guys,

does anybody know when the 1-series F40 will be released? According to my local dealer (in Norway), they don't even know when they'll be available in their showroom, even though I've seen that it's available in other countries. He says I can order it today, but the issue is that I'm expecting for the car to be available to check whether I can save some money thanks to the typical promotions (cheaper AWD, for example) that are available once the car is released, but I also need the car ASAP, so I don't wanna wait too much and then be way down in the delivery list.

Since there is not even a forum for that model here, I imagine it's actually not been yet officially released, but maybe I'm wrong.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaug View Post
Since there is not even a forum for that model here, I imagine it's actually not been yet officially released, but maybe I'm wrong.
Although BimmerPost welcomes users from the world over, the primary focus is the North American market. So, there is no F40 forum because it is not being released in the US. The F20 wasn't released in the US either, yet it does have a forum, but that is largely due to the interest in the car by enthusiasts (small RWD hatchback) and the hope it would one day be available in the US. That day never came, unfortunately.

I've moved your thread here to the F20 forum because I think there is a higher likelihood it will be seen by folks in your part of the world.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

I think the F40 is supposed to be officially presented in the big car show in Germany this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 12:42 PM   #4
Weiman
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport -14

Dealer launch in Sweden is September 28th.
I don't see why Norway would be much later so it's very strange that the dealer doesn't know.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
eddiehaug
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4M50  [0.00]
Thank you guys, then it's all good. And yes, it's strange that Bilia would insist on that they have no clue. I imagine the launch in Sweden and Norway should be pretty much at the same time.
Appreciate 0