BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

07-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Hardwire dash cam

I am looking to hardwire my DASH cam into my new F40 2 Series GC. As then it won’t be plugged into the standard cigarette port…

However, I have no idea what I’m looking at when it comes to fuses and where it needs to be plugged into. 1 wire needs to go into a ACC fuse port, and the other wire is BATT, so when the engine is off it doesn’t take power from ACC and the battery only…if that makes sense

I have attached images with hope someone can help me
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 05:59 AM   #2
YogiPL
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 220i

I used the empty fuse 40 slot for 12V/VBATT cable and fuse 62 for ACC (switched) cable.

This setup works fine with my Viofo A129 Plus (the ACC shuts off after about 10-15 minutes from turning off the car, which puts the camera into the parking mode).

(don't mind the mess in the photo, this was just a "during install" shot, i've tidied up the cables after that )
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      07-06-2023, 12:11 PM   #3
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiPL View Post
I used the empty fuse 40 slot for 12V/VBATT cable and fuse 62 for ACC (switched) cable.

This setup works fine with my Viofo A129 Plus (the ACC shuts off after about 10-15 minutes from turning off the car, which puts the camera into the parking mode).

(don't mind the mess in the photo, this was just a "during install" shot, i've tidied up the cables after that )
You are an absolute legend, couldn’t have asked for better advice. The photo also massively helps as it’s exactly the same as my fuse box 👌🏼 also, did you have to get a fuse adaptor? As I assume the fuse sizes weren’t the same fit?

Do you remember what fuse sizes the fuse slots were (fuse 40 & 62)?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 03:17 PM   #4
YogiPL
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 220i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBudgie View Post
You are an absolute legend, couldn’t have asked for better advice. The photo also massively helps as it’s exactly the same as my fuse box ���� also, did you have to get a fuse adaptor? As I assume the fuse sizes weren’t the same fit?

Do you remember what fuse sizes the fuse slots were (fuse 40 & 62)?
Sure,

the fuse 40 is an "ATS" (or "MINI", but regular mini, not "low profile").

Fuse 62 uses a larger type called "ATC" (also known as "regular" fuse ).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 12:41 PM   #5
notleks64
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:

Thank you. I’ll try that.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2023, 08:55 AM   #6
CamilaParradelCastillo
CamilaParradelCastillo
Rep
Drives: Kia Sportage

Quote:

Muy buena recomendación
Appreciate 0