BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #375
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The Wolf was warned by Pirelli during the race . HAM's tires could have blown at any moment !

Alpine was warned as well . Regarding Ocon's tires and his right front tire was in pieces .

HAM and Ocon were a danger for the other drivers at that moment!
Pirelli warned Mercedes just in time ! Too bad !

Of course , The FIA and Pirelli 'IS Mercedes !

#FIAMercedes
I read somewhere that Merc will be more strict with Ham to do as he's told and not talk BS
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #376
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I read somewhere that Merc will be more strict with Ham to do as he's told and not talk BS
"Francorchamps" the latest ..

It's down...The "Iconic Challet" on top of 'Eau Rouge is down !

The construction works started for the 'Eau Rouge safety measures ..
New grandstands are planned as well. Price of the whole package is 80 million Euro's !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
Bubbles2752.00
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 09:40 AM   #377
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Proof. You join in like one or two others asking that, well that's easy so go back to the many posts where there are many examples of that, you only have to take it on board in what has been allowed or ignored by the gov. body...the illegal DAS is one glaring example what was not banned at the time when Merc had another DAS less setup ready
DAS was not rendered illegal while it was running. It was an ingenious solution. Much like FRIC and the F-Duct. Except for the extreme EBD and off-throttle exhaust blowing, what innovations has RBR delivered that aren't in the vein of actual cheating? They go to the same playbook - flexi-wings, etc.

While Newey may have been the best designer in the past, he is clearly past his prime.

Mercedes is about to release the hounds for the last 6 races. Stay tuned to this place for the updates.

I provide free Kleenex if needed.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #378
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i believe the McLaren today is more likely thanks to Andre Seidl.. Zak Brown's leadership maybe it is but doesnt seem distinctive or inspiring.. can be observed from how Zak talks with their drivers.. in some personal level.. but Andre Seidl is undervalued name who contributed McLaren a lot recently.. even pushing things forwards putting Merc' engines in McLaren cars was one of the simplest but very right moves for example..

Agreed. Zach gets the funding, Andre runs the team and doesn’t crave the spotlight.

Last edited by Bubbles; 10-16-2021 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
yco5722.50
      10-16-2021, 10:30 AM   #379
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
DAS was not rendered illegal while it was running. It was an ingenious solution. Much like FRIC and the F-Duct. Except for the extreme EBD and off-throttle exhaust blowing, what innovations has RBR delivered that aren't in the vein of actual cheating? They go to the same playbook - flexi-wings, etc.

While Newey may have been the best designer in the past, he is clearly past his prime.

Mercedes is about to release the hounds for the last 6 races. Stay tuned to this place for the updates.

I provide free Kleenex For HAM
Next weekend the Mercs will run with a new 'FLEXIBLE front wing upgrade..
From what we witnessed flexible wings aren't approved by the FIA !
While HAM was whining about the RB's flexible rear wing ...

Mercedes is about to release the hounds for the last 6 races ?
How ?
As you said : It wasn't the Mercedes in warp-speed strat. ... It's all about the driver HAM !
That's what we saw in Turkey ...

#FIAMercedes !

"FTFY" !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #380
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Again I respectfully disagree with your opinion, and again offer my counter.

Nope I am looking at this situation logically, you've shown you cannot see things with fact and it is evident by your insane bias towards RB.

If mercedes was being treated with alot more "favor" where is your concrete proof. Because if you can prove it then not only will your point be valid but you will provide redbull with likely a multi million dollar law suit. But since you don't have evidence except for your opinions and emotion to cloud your judgement then your case is moot and at best speculation. The FIA and F1 are innocent until proven guilty - simple fact.

If I were to look at this case objectively then I agree, Mercedes has gotten away with quite a bit, especially that silverstone crash. I also think the FIA makes some dumb calls too like their 5 second time penalty fiasco, and the AMR fuel penalty. However they made each of their calls based on the rules and their given judgement, and again what they say goes sometimes it isn't fair because humans cannot be 100% bias free. But like I said until you have enough concrete evidence they acted with ill will or are not carrying out rule enforcement accurately and fairly - to the point where you have a court case. Then the FIA/F1 are doing an acceptable job.

BTW these same points have been hashed out over a crap ton of boxing fights, and again the judges could not be proven guilty of favoring one fighter over the other despite crazy biased score cards when it was obvious one fighter was dominating. But since we have humans judging they could have seen things differently and score based on what they saw. Again until you have solid proof it is just speculation.
Flexi front wing is another thing that Merc is allowed to carry on with while RB had to change their rear wing after Merc complained
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 11:12 AM   #381
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"Francorchamps" the latest ..

It's down...The "Iconic Challet" on top of 'Eau Rouge is down !

The construction works started for the 'Eau Rouge safety measures ..
New grandstands are planned as well. Price of the whole package is 80 million Euro's !
Track widening for more safety and run of areas, sad that they destroyed the chalet but it's was just too close to the track.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 11:21 AM   #382
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 12:08 PM   #383
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
That's what I said already at Silverstone ...

No wonder ..Strange noises can be heard in the Mercedes PU !

In Turkey ,Bottas the test mule ran in Russian Roulette mode ...
But the Mercedes PU didn't blew . Not yet...
You know what I main : With one bullet in the chamber !
The Merc PU's have been replaced . While it wasn't required , but they upgraded the intercoolers !
But everything is according the FIA regulations anyway !
The cheating intake air sensors trick was already installed from Silverstone...
According rumors : The Mercedes PU can push now 80HP more ..and the torque is insane !
Useless to say , the Mercs ran 20 km/h faster on the straights !

The question Isn't , if it will blow . The question is ...When it will blow !

#FIAMercedes

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 12:10 PM   #384
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Next weekend the Mercs will run with a new 'FLEXIBLE front wing upgrade..
From what we witnessed flexible wings aren't approved by the FIA !
While HAM was whining about the RB's flexible rear wing ...

Mercedes is about to release the hounds for the last 6 races ?
How ?
As you said : It wasn't the Mercedes in warp-speed strat. ... It's all about the driver HAM !
That's what we saw in Turkey ...

#FIAMercedes !

"FTFY" !
Merc is running with a new WING. Flexible wings are the purview of RBR!

RBR has had a superior car for the vast majority of the season and Mercedes has only now come back to parity.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      10-16-2021, 12:23 PM   #385
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Track widening for more safety and run of areas, sad that they destroyed the chalet but it's was just too close to the track.
Interesting Dutch article from GPToday => https://www.gptoday.net/nl/nieuws/f1...paspoort-staat

Translated in English ..

Horner enjoys Verstappen: "He is older than what is in his passport"

"Published on 15 Oct 2021"

•After years of Mercedes dominance, Formula 1 finally has a real championship battle again this year. Red Bull is a strong challenger for Mercedes and Max Verstappen gives Lewis Hamilton sleepless nights. Yet it is far from being played, the difference between teams and drivers is small.

•Red Bull team boss Christian Horner sees that his leader Max Verstappen is performing extremely well under the pressure of the title fight. In conversation with the German Sport Bild, Horner praises Verstappen: "Max has a good balance and drives very consistently, as we can expect from him. Moreover, he has gained more experience. That helps him."

Passport

•The Dutchman may only be 24 years old, but he drives around as if he has been a Formula 1 driver for several decades. Horner sees that his driver is very mature in the battle: "As a driver he is certainly older than what is in his passport! But that is normal if you come from a motorsport family."

Friction

•And this year, that family may be cheering for a world title from their pupil. But if Verstappen wants to become world champion, he must first deal with the great rival Mercedes. Horner doesn't have to be friends with the rock-hard competitor: "There will always be friction. Mercedes wants to defend the title, we want to finally win it again. That's the only reason we are here."

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 12:56 PM   #386
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Merc is running with a new WING. Flexible wings are the purview of RBR!

RBR has had a superior car for the vast majority of the season and Mercedes has only now come back to parity.
Regarding the Mercedes FLEXIBLE front wing :
RB has send slow-motion images to the FIA at the moment when Mercedes threw a complaint vs the Red Bull wing .

The Red Bull rear wing 'WAS flexible .
The Mercedes flexible front wing 'IS still flexible .

The FIA responded vs the Red Bull wing .
The FIA remained SILENT vs the FLEXIBLE Mercedes front wing .

The FIA remained SILENT vs the Mercedes intercooler upgrade and the air cooling sensor trick .

For once .Let's be serious , everyone who Isn't blind , can see that the Mercedes suddenly ran at least 20 km/h faster !

IF HAM wins the 2021 WDC ..As usual It's by the FIAMercedes !

On the other hand :

•If MAX tire didn't blew at Baku !
•If MAX wasn't rammed off track in the wall at Silverstone !
•If MAX wasn't rammed off track by Bottas at the Hungaroring !
•If MAX HONDA PU wasn't destroyed by Mercedes !
•If MAX Honda PU wasn't replaced , because it was destroyed by Mercedes!
•If MAX didn't got a grid penalty by his PU replacement , caused by Mercedes!

MAX would lead 'NOW the 2021 WDC by at least 70 points !
And HAM's 2021 WDC was already over with 6 races to run !

AMEN !
Attached Images

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 10-16-2021 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #387
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Again I respectfully disagree with your opinion, and again offer my counter.

Nope I am looking at this situation logically, you've shown you cannot see things with fact and it is evident by your insane bias towards RB.

If mercedes was being treated with alot more "favor" where is your concrete proof. Because if you can prove it then not only will your point be valid but you will provide redbull with likely a multi million dollar law suit. But since you don't have evidence except for your opinions and emotion to cloud your judgement then your case is moot and at best speculation. The FIA and F1 are innocent until proven guilty - simple fact.

If I were to look at this case objectively then I agree, Mercedes has gotten away with quite a bit, especially that silverstone crash. I also think the FIA makes some dumb calls too like their 5 second time penalty fiasco, and the AMR fuel penalty. However they made each of their calls based on the rules and their given judgement, and again what they say goes sometimes it isn't fair because humans cannot be 100% bias free. But like I said until you have enough concrete evidence they acted with ill will or are not carrying out rule enforcement accurately and fairly - to the point where you have a court case. Then the FIA/F1 are doing an acceptable job.

BTW these same points have been hashed out over a crap ton of boxing fights, and again the judges could not be proven guilty of favoring one fighter over the other despite crazy biased score cards when it was obvious one fighter was dominating. But since we have humans judging they could have seen things differently and score based on what they saw. Again until you have solid proof it is just speculation.
In post 386 just above, M-Power has explained what has happened to RB because of Mercedes dirty tricks just in this season and what have FIA done about it? Sweet FA.Now tell me FIA is doing all it can.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #388
M5Rick
General
Rep

I'm getting sick and tired of Vettel's greenie utterings and his 'fear' for F1. I'll go on his fan site soon and tell him to pull himself together if he keeps on, he's turned from a hero into a right wimp.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/96523...ocritical.html
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #389
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

10-16-2021, 02:28 PM   #390
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
In post 386 just above, M-Power has explained what has happened to RB because of Mercedes dirty tricks just in this season and what have FIA done about it? Sweet FA.Now tell me FIA is doing all it can.
First everything you've countered with so far is just opinion based, more he said she said, I saw he saw. None of that will hold up in a court of law.

In regards to DAS Mercedes already consulted with the fia ahead of time, of course they have a back up plan Incase teams cry too much about new innovations and try to trigger a ban. This is because Mercedes thinks 10 steps ahead and are always ready, unlike redbull who knew they were pushing the limits with the rear flexi wing that flexed down and also rotated backwards to change wing angle - more on the flexi wing stuff in a bit. but the point is redbull were pushing the limits of the permitted wing flex grey area and had zero back up plan in case it was banned. Mercedes weren't even in a grey area, they had full approval and still they are 10 steps ahead just in case.

Now in response to flexiwings we all know no material has infinite stiffness under load, there must be a small amount of deformation. Since there is a permitted tolerance range of course every team is going to try to get into that grey area to capitalize on any but of advantage. Now how far they push the envelope varies from team to team, redbull likely pushed the envelope too far with a wing that not only flexed down but rotated backwards, and Mercedes likely haven't pushed to the limit of the rules being breached hence why one was banned and one was not. Again there are actual number based load tests to test this deformation, aka actual fact and the fia increased the load test even further to test fit the front and rear wings deformed too far. Red bull got caught out likely because they were literally ok the limit before the imcreasd load test, and Mercedes didn't get caught off because they likely weren't on the limit. If it was true Mercedes was being favored, I don't know how when you have physical numbers to go back on to prove if a wing flexed too much - say Mercedes did have a wing that failed inspection and the fia swept it under the rug, then red bull would have forced a law suit if they really believed that was the case and when they test it in court Mercedes would get absolutely screwed over. Again it didn't happen.

Also don't forget, this is only really the first year Mercedes has been complaining to the fia alot, the last few years it was Horner going all out at every team getting things banned left and right. Literally look at the thread put up on Reddit discussing redbulls complaints all the way back to 2015, it's insane how many things redbull had pushed towards the fia. That's why they call Horner, Karen Horner.

Like I said before when you hinge on opinions and conspiracy you just jump from one thing to another regardless if it passes the sniff test.
minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50
yco5722.50
      10-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #391
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50
      10-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #392
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Quote:
I'm getting sick and tired of Vettel's greenie utterings and his 'fear' for F1. I'll go on his fan site soon and tell him to pull himself together if he keeps on, he's turned from a hero into a right wimp.
I'd wager not as s&t as I am of your conspiracy theory utterings
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 4
F87source7177.50
minn1913970.00
Steeler2422.00
      10-16-2021, 03:36 PM   #393
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Nothing changed there mate .The angle in the video makes it more invisible ..
HAM is going "deliberately" too wide in the turn at the pitlane !
HAM's intention was to push Checo off track !

#HAM'sDirtyTricks !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 03:47 PM   #394
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The latest :
At Silverstone , MAX was for 5-10 sec. unconscious after the 51-G impact in the wall !
MAX's seat was completely broken in 2 pieces !
The next 2 days , MAX suffered from amnesia ...

HAM's neck at Monza was a fairytale !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58905.00
      10-16-2021, 04:11 PM   #395
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The latest :
At Silverstone , MAX was for 5-10 sec. unconscious after the 51-G impact in the wall !
MAX's seat was completely broken in 2 pieces !
The next 2 days , MAX suffered from amnesia ...

HAM's neck at Monza was a fairytale !
This is what I was thinking, such a huge side impact but I didn't know he was unconscious for a short period and then the amnesia. It's fair to say Ham was milking it at best in Monza and has no comparison whatsoever with what Max went through.
Appreciate 2
      10-16-2021, 04:17 PM   #396
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
My friend, you are taking on my old role: Trying to explain F1 to a couple of RBR fans. It's a fools' errand. I implore you to stop. Please keep up with the great and informative posts but the explanations will only see you frustrated.

Cheers-mk

Quote:
First everything you've countered with so far is just opinion based, more he said she said, I saw he saw. None of that will hold up in a court of law.

In regards to DAS Mercedes already consulted with the fia ahead of time, of course they have a back up plan Incase teams cry too much about new innovations and try to trigger a ban. This is because Mercedes thinks 10 steps ahead and are always ready, unlike redbull who knew they were pushing the limits with the rear flexi wing that flexed down and also rotated backwards to change wing angle - more on the flexi wing stuff in a bit. but the point is redbull were pushing the limits of the permitted wing flex grey area and had zero back up plan in case it was banned. Mercedes weren't even in a grey area, they had full approval and still they are 10 steps ahead just in case.

Now in response to flexiwings we all know no material has infinite stiffness under load, there must be a small amount of deformation. Since there is a permitted tolerance range of course every team is going to try to get into that grey area to capitalize on any but of advantage. Now how far they push the envelope varies from team to team, redbull likely pushed the envelope too far with a wing that not only flexed down but rotated backwards, and Mercedes likely haven't pushed to the limit of the rules being breached hence why one was banned and one was not. Again there are actual number based load tests to test this deformation, aka actual fact and the fia increased the load test even further to test fit the front and rear wings deformed too far. Red bull got caught out likely because they were literally ok the limit before the imcreasd load test, and Mercedes didn't get caught off because they likely weren't on the limit. If it was true Mercedes was being favored, I don't know how when you have physical numbers to go back on to prove if a wing flexed too much - say Mercedes did have a wing that failed inspection and the fia swept it under the rug, then red bull would have forced a law suit if they really believed that was the case and when they test it in court Mercedes would get absolutely screwed over. Again it didn't happen.

Also don't forget, this is only really the first year Mercedes has been complaining to the fia alot, the last few years it was Horner going all out at every team getting things banned left and right. Literally look at the thread put up on Reddit discussing redbulls complaints all the way back to 2015, it's insane how many things redbull had pushed towards the fia. That's why they call Horner, Karen Horner.

Like I said before when you hinge on opinions and conspiracy you just jump from one thing to another regardless if it passes the sniff test.
Appreciate 4
F87source7177.50
Bongoxxx804.00
yco5722.50
minn1913970.00