BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

09-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #1
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Exhaust Valve NEVER Opens :(

Hi,

I'm going to try again, with this thread. So... I have a 2020 BMW 228i Gran Coupe xDrive, in Canada. The car has 5000km, and for some reason, at startup, my exhaust valve is not opening. I have tried numerous solutions, such as, waiting for the car to warm up then putting it into sport, trying to catch it right at startup (the only problem is it does not open at start up no matter how fast I get there), I've tried unplugging and plugging the wire back in, I can assure you it's plugged in correctly because it beeped. Even after a drive with me driving in manual, it's not open. I think it opens as I drive, but never at a stand still. The reason I want it to open at a stand still is to pull the wire and keep the valve open. I have called my dealership, and they said since you have no check engine lights the car is working as it should, and it must be programmed differently... So if ANYONE could please help me, that would be great, when I go for service in March/2022, I will bring it directly to the person working on my car, but in the meantime, if someone could help me that would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 09:18 PM   #2
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
Hi,

I'm going to try again, with this thread. So... I have a 2020 BMW 228i Gran Coupe xDrive, in Canada. The car has 5000km, and for some reason, at startup, my exhaust valve is not opening. I have tried numerous solutions, such as, waiting for the car to warm up then putting it into sport, trying to catch it right at startup (the only problem is it does not open at start up no matter how fast I get there), I've tried unplugging and plugging the wire back in, I can assure you it's plugged in correctly because it beeped. Even after a drive with me driving in manual, it's not open. I think it opens as I drive, but never at a stand still. The reason I want it to open at a stand still is to pull the wire and keep the valve open. I have called my dealership, and they said since you have no check engine lights the car is working as it should, and it must be programmed differently... So if ANYONE could please help me, that would be great, when I go for service in March/2022, I will bring it directly to the person working on my car, but in the meantime, if someone could help me that would be awesome.
Does your car not have ASD
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:34 AM   #3
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourCarss View Post
Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourCarss View Post
Quote:
Hi,

No it does not.
Appreciate 0