BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

09-12-2021, 04:49 AM   #1
Kevin298
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 218i MSport GC (F44)

Garage List
Available Apps

Hi guys,

This is more of a UK question, but you i hope everyone can get involved

What apps can be downloaded from App Store that I can use for my car through CarPlay. The reason I’m asking is I read a post yesterday and they mentioned waze. Never heard of it but downloaded it, and tried it out. It’s brill, evening showed the fixed speed camera. Wondering what else I’m missing.

Cheers

K
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
damo74
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin298 View Post
Hi guys,

This is more of a UK question, but you i hope everyone can get involved

What apps can be downloaded from App Store that I can use for my car through CarPlay. The reason I’m asking is I read a post yesterday and they mentioned waze. Never heard of it but downloaded it, and tried it out. It’s brill, evening showed the fixed speed camera. Wondering what else I’m missing.

Cheers

K
Hi Kevin, big fan of Waze here as well. I use Pocket Cast for my podcasts, Spotify for music, WhatsApp, BBC Sounds, TuneIn Radio, and Audible for e-books.
As much as I'm not a fan of Apple Maps, I think it looks great and it'll also show directions in the middle of the dashboard (I think this will come to Waze, TomTom & Google Maps soon though)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #3
Kevin298
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 218i MSport GC (F44)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo74 View Post
Hi Kevin, big fan of Waze here as well. I use Pocket Cast for my podcasts, Spotify for music, WhatsApp, BBC Sounds, TuneIn Radio, and Audible for e-books.
As much as I'm not a fan of Apple Maps, I think it looks great and it'll also show directions in the middle of the dashboard (I think this will come to Waze, TomTom & Google Maps soon though)
Hey Damo74, thanks for the reply. I tried waze out and it’s great. I wasn’t aware of bbc sounds. I will try the others out also when I get a chance 👍
Appreciate 0