BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

08-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #1
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Use your computer to find cures for diseases

I lost both of my parents to cancer. Since my dad's death in 2002, I've been using my home and work desktop/laptop computers to help find treatments and cures for cancer. Right now I'm running Mapping Cancer Markers (MCM). This project is managed by the Krembil Research Institute affiliate with the University of Toronto.

You can join the fight by going to the World Community Grid (https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/discover.action). Just sign up and select which of the following projects you'd like to join:
- Mapping Cancer Markers
- OpenPandemics - COVID-19
- Africa Rainfall Project
- Microbiome Immunity Project
- Smash Childhood Cancer
- Help Stop TB.

Running any of these projects will not harm your computer in anyway. The software knows what processor is in your computer and adjusts the percentage of unused processing power is uses. Please consider helping these important projects.

Thanks,
Mark

PS: I'm running an AMD Ryzen9 3900X (12 cores/24 processors) equipped computer. It sends MCM a result every 4 minutes. Your results may vary!

PPS: The Krembil Research Institute has taken over the management of the World Community Grid (WCG) from IBM. Dr. Igor Jurisica heads the computer lab running WCG.

PPS: MCM has received more than 15,000,000,000 (15T) results from the more than 250,000 computers worldwide that run MCM.

Last edited by MarcoZandrini; 12-23-2021 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0