BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

07-18-2021, 09:25 PM   #1
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on
nicotinamide mononucleotide (aka NMN) and
nicotinamide riboside (aka NR) supplementation?

initial studies seemed promising however more recent have suggested a causual link if these compounds accelerating the growth of existing cancer cells.

NAD+

https://www.elysiumhealth.com/en-us/...ors-measure-up

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41392-020-00354-w

https://www.truniagen.com/products/

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #2
3PedalJake
Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
I did a deep dive on this a couple years ago, tried a Niagen (NR) + Collegen called Nectar7. Energy levels always feel subjective to me, but it did have noticeable results on my skin. It is a form of Niacin and has the same benefits and also, like a lot of supplements, a caution about the dosages. Chris Masterjohn gives the best breakdowns on how various supplements actually work and what to be aware of when taking them.

I ultimately came to the same conclusion as him, it's always best to get vitamins and minerals from real whole foods, but there are times when a supplement can help if you view it as it's name implies, to supplement the other things you're doing health wise and not as a magic bullet.

The real magic bullets don't cost anything and don't come in a bottle, they're low carb/keto + fasting.
Appreciate 2
F32Fleet3539.50
Kick 6284.00
      07-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
I did a deep dive on this a couple years ago, tried a Niagen (NR) + Collegen called Nectar7. Energy levels always feel subjective to me, but it did have noticeable results on my skin. It is a form of Niacin and has the same benefits and also, like a lot of supplements, a caution about the dosages. Chris Masterjohn gives the best breakdowns on how various supplements actually work and what to be aware of when taking them.

I ultimately came to the same conclusion as him, it's always best to get vitamins and minerals from real whole foods, but there are times when a supplement can help if you view it as it's name implies, to supplement the other things you're doing health wise and not as a magic bullet.

The real magic bullets don't cost anything and don't come in a bottle, they're low carb/keto + fasting.
thx for the response

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
3PedalJake2613.50