BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-21-2023, 11:30 AM   #1
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Software update

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi I recently bought an m235i gc and it’s running on 2020 software my car is a 20 reg but surely it’s capable of running newer software? I’ve tried to do various software update checks but it keeps telling me that my software is up to date which obviously isn’t the case considering most people are running 2022/23 software on theirs

Does anyone know why that is and how I can rectify it

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 11:32 AM   #2
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Also can anyone tell me why I cannot access remote services such as locking my car and digital key access etc via my app

I have attached an image below

This is my second 235i and on my previous model I could lock to car with my phone
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2023, 04:36 AM   #3
damo74
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 218i GC Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombrunskill View Post
Also can anyone tell me why I cannot access remote services such as locking my car and digital key access etc via my app

This is my second 235i and on my previous model I could lock to car with my phone
Interesting as mine shows that it'll expire while I still own the car, i'd assume it can be re-instated by BMW....
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 02:50 PM   #4
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombrunskill View Post

The subscription only lasts 3 years then needs to be renewed. So I imagine that's what you will need to do to get that working.
As for your ilevel, dealer shlups be able to do as a one time free of charge if it is still in warranty as there's a known issue on older cars where they won't update without a visit to the dealer ( then will get subsequent remote updates )
Appreciate 0